⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
All you SUX fans act like the SUX are the fucking Yankees with 27 Championships. Guess what, your not and you have 3 just like the Cubs.
Only people that talked shit the last 4-5 years and I respect as die hard SUX fans is Lead Pipe and Ryan, the rest of you are bandwagon fans imo. You know how many Championships the SUX have in the last 100 years, ONE just like the Cubs. You know how many times the SUX have made the playoffs in the last 34 years? 4 times and that includes 2005, Cubs have done that the last 4 years. So the Cubs underachieved/choked this year, big fucking deal. I didnt see them beating the Braves let alone the Dodgers had they made the playoffs. Yankees are probably a stud pitcher away from going on a 4-5yr tear in the AL, good luck getting past them if the rest of your talent pans out.

For us SUX fans, at least our season was over by the end of April. So we could move on to other things. :D We're not waiting, clutching to some gawd, only to have our hopes be dashed away in an ill timed slump after blowing your wad the week before in an offensive explosion.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
For us SUX fans, at least our season was over by the end of April. So we could move on to other things. :D We're not waiting, clutching to some gawd, only to have our hopes be dashed away in an ill timed slump after blowing your wad the week before in an offensive explosion.

Good point.

d16b83e6ed9cb097434a8f92f5cabdb2.gif

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
The Sox owners are too cheap to sign free agents.

The Cubs won with young talent, trades and free agents.

Lester for the Cubs was great. He was their first big contract on this current team and helped them win the WS. He got Co-MVP in the NLCS.

I know all their free agents didn’t deliver but Lester did.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Your season has been over in April since 2006, lol. You never once heard me say anything remotely close to the Cubs winning it all this year or last year. I'm not a dummy, I understand what I'm seeing on the field. Theo and the boys have made some very questionable moves since 2016. I was screaming for them to sign DJ Lemahieu last off season. Could have had him cheap and would have solved some of their issues on offense including a lead off hitter.

WAHHH IM A BANDWAGON FAN THAT GOES TO GAMES!! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!

Or I just stop posting in here cause it gets old hearing Flubs, SUX, yada yada yada.
I forgot about you, lol.
I probably went to more SUX games at Guaranteed Rape this year than 95% of the SUX fans on TCG.
My Brother is a HUGE SUX fan and him and I went to 6-7 games together.

Reactions: Marko

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
He gone

No big surprise, the writing was on the wall in the spring when they didnt extend him. I've never been a big fan of his managerial style and I'm willing to bet the players arent big fans as well. I'm hoping they go after Girardi, I wanted them to go after him 5-6yrs ago.

Reactions: Marko

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
No big surprise, the writing was on the wall in the spring when they didnt extend him. I've never been a big fan of his managerial style and I'm willing to bet the players arent big fans as well. I'm hoping they go after Girardi, I wanted them to go after him 5-6yrs ago.
How about David Ross? I don’t know what he’s doing lately or if he even wants to manage.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So yeah, the White Sox should be pretty good this season...

Robert is going to be the real deal and thats coming from a Die Hard Cub fan. I like the signing of the catcher but then imo you guys settled for 2nd and 3rd tier free agents. The most money to spend and didnt even attempt to go after Cole or Strausberg. Why the fuck did they not sign Castellanos, that right fielder they traded for SUCKS! He hit 19 bombs in the most hitter friendly ballpark, thats not saying much. Castellanos isnt a great defender but he is a better defender than him. SUX arent passing up the Twins, but they should be a wild card team. They will need a lot better team than they currently have to beat the Astros or Yankees in the playoffs.

My Cubbies on the other hand, I'm okay with what they are doing. If they have to trade away some guys to get younger/cost controlled guys on the cusp of coming up to the Majors thats fine. I'm okay with a down year or 2 if it means they will have another run like they just did. I dont think Bryant has any intentions of re-signing, so he should go imo. Keep Baez, Rizzo, Horner and Contreras and build around them.

Thread Info