⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The Cubbies are finally playing better. Rizzo with a HR just now. And even More Hr’s tonight damn.

The other other night. Schwarber with a killer hr. Lol. Like 450 ft.

Offense has been there the whole 1st month. Pretty sure they are leading the NL in runs. Difference is the starting pitching has finally come around the last couple of weeks. Scary part is the offense is doing this well without KB and Schwarbs doing much. Still not a fan of the bullpen, they need to go out and sign Kimbrell. I dont see Morrow coming back, even if he does he wont pitch back to back games. Lots of good that will be in the playoffs. If he were to come back, they should use him like the Dodgers did. Bring him in during high leverage situations no matter what inning it is.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Just disgusting!!!

https://abc7chicago.com/sports/cubs-investigating-fans-apparent-racist-hand-gesture-/5290807/

The Chicago Cubs said they are investigating a fan using what appeared to be a racist hand gesture that was caught by cameras during Tuesday night's broadcast of a home game against the Miami Marlins at Wrigley Field.*

Cubs president of business operations Crane Kenney said in a statement early Wednesday morning that the fan made the gesture while Doug Glanville was working for NBC Sports Chicago.*

Glanville, who is black, played nine seasons in the majors, including three with the Cubs. He also is an analyst for ESPN.*

"Such ignorant and repulsive behavior is not tolerated at Wrigley Field," Kenney said in the statement. "We are reviewing the incident thoroughly because no one should be subjected to this type of offensive behavior."*

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
NBA players better stop flashing white supremicist signs too, I guess...

2dd7788f069cf2556ccf86b16b20860d.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Awesome move considering it only costed them money. I like that they went out and addressed their biggest need. I would not be surprised if they trade Happ or Schwarbs for another arm in the pen. I'm not counting on Morrow coming back. But if he does, the Cubs should use him like the Dodgers did. High leverage situations no matter what inning it is. Looks like CJ is getting his shit together as well. If he can pitch up to his capabilities the rest of the year, they will have a dominant bullpen.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My friend and old coworker’s son was drafted by the CHI White Sox. Long way to go but very exciting for their family.

161eb7cb4ad3431732993cf487319cc6.jpg

Thats awesome. Good friend of mine son will most likely be drafted next year.
Started 10 games (pitcher) for Auburn as a Freshman. Transferred to Pitt and has since converted to a reliever/closer.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Thats awesome. Good friend of mine son will most likely be drafted next year.
Started 10 games (pitcher) for Auburn as a Freshman. Transferred to Pitt and has since converted to a reliever/closer.

I just heard about this kid on a podcast today. Apparently he was part of one of the Sox programs for HS kids and really impressed. Good luck to him!

I swear every time I’ve been there I get that same seat.... always a pillar blocking home plate.

Not like cub fans watch the game anyways...

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ugh, the "Curse of Eloy" began tonight. Congrats to the Sux for the W.

I'm looking forward to seeing Giolito tomorrow night, as I haven't watched him this season. Even though it means it may be a tough night for the Cubs.

I'm going to tonights game with 2 SUX fans and another Cub fan. Hoping they rock Giolito, but thats wishful thinking the way he has been pitching. Was watching the game with my brother who is a SUX fan and I called the HR. I completely hate Strop as a closer, he just doesnt have it in his head to do the job. He is so much better as a 7th or 8th inning guy. Kimbrell cant get here fast enough, lol

Thread Info