⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Would prefer Machado over Harper but wouldnt complain if they signed either one.
I dont see them doing either unless they move Heyward. In all honesty I just dont see anyone taking on his contract. The talk I have heard with the Giants would actually work, but we will see. As much as I have been hoping they trade Schwarbs for the last 2 years, I dont see him going anywhere. They will move Happ or Almora first which is fucking stupid imo. Even if they dont do shit, this team still has a 2-3 year window. Gotta stay healthy and pitching has to live up to expectations.

If Bryant doesnt miss over a third of the season last year, Cubs woulda won the division. I'm more worried about the Cardinals next year than the Brewers. Brewers needed everything to go right last year and it did, no fucking way they win 95 games again.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I feel like Harper will be back in a Nationals uniform next season.

There’s a lot of rumors coming out today that links Machado to the Sox. Yankee fans are losing their shit on twitter.

If the rumors from yesterday are true (Sux only offering 7yrs) then I dont see Machado signing with them. Dont count the Cubs out on Harper, they might come out of nowhere and sign him. I would prefer Machado but would love to have either one on the North Side.
It would be awesome if the Cubs signed one and the Sux signed the other

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
If the rumors from yesterday are true (Sux only offering 7yrs) then I dont see Machado signing with them. Dont count the Cubs out on Harper, they might come out of nowhere and sign him. I would prefer Machado but would love to have either one on the North Side.
It would be awesome if the Cubs signed one and the Sux signed the other

Come on man, don't be a homer. The scrubs don't have the money and ownership has stated they don't want to pay the luxury tax. Also there is conflicting reports on how long the Sox are willing to offer. The only guy who said 7 years is a cubs beat writer, the same day a national media outlet said Philly and the Sox were the only ones offering 10 year deals.

As much as I want to buy the hype, I don't think either guy is coming to Chicago. My guess is Harper goes back to the Nats and Machado signs in NY.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Not being a homer. IF and I know its a big if, but if there are rumors out there than there had to be some discussion along the way. If they move Heyward to the Giants in a move that makes sense for both teams. I will 100% guarantee the Cubs sign Harper.

Dont believe that shit they dont have the money and the luxury tax. They are swimming in money. They have roughly 60 million coming off the books after 2019 season, and they will also have their TV deal going by then. So they could realistically sign Harper and keep Heyward. I doubt it would happen, but they could do it if they wanted too.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Not being a homer. IF and I know its a big if, but if there are rumors out there than there had to be some discussion along the way. If they move Heyward to the Giants in a move that makes sense for both teams. I will 100% guarantee the Cubs sign Harper.

Dont believe that shit they dont have the money and the luxury tax. They are swimming in money. They have roughly 60 million coming off the books after 2019 season, and they will also have their TV deal going by then. So they could realistically sign Harper and keep Heyward. I doubt it would happen, but they could do it if they wanted too.

Any team can sign him no matter what their payroll is if they are willing. There is no cap in baseball. They have to pay the substantial luxury tax over a certain number. I hear from scrub fans all the time about the TV deal and they have more money than god. Ricketts doesn't want to pay the tax, period. Scrub ownership already stated that. It's a fan pipe dream because Harper and Bryant are friends. They haven't met with him, there are no solid reports of contact, just rumors. They are stuck with Heyward, the Giants would sign Harper or Pollack before trading for him unless the there are other players involved like Almora or Happ.

But all of this doesn't matter. Seems the nats are dedicated to keeping him.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Go Cubs. 2019.

1dc461e370e537caad671bdf46dfdfe6.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Guy I split season tix with last year gave them up. He wanted me to find a partner to take his spot. BUT he wanted to retain the rights, meaning next year or 5yrs from now if he wanted back in, then the guy that took his place was SOL. I told him to go fuck himself, as that isnt right. So I wound up buying a 8 game summer package in the bleachers. I have no cold weather games at all, lol. 8 games is enough, thats about all I went to last year, I sold the rest.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005

Thread Info