OFFICIAL Vroom experience thread

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
I went to buy a used SUV last weekend and just to play some financing games, I said I was going to trade in the Fusion. I also had Vroom appraise it and Vroom was $2200 more than what the dealer was going to offer me.

They also played the pre-certified game with me even though the ad clearly said it was certified so I just walked out after I saw the numbers. Maybe some dealers are getting it, but not all of them.

Reactions: cdh027

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
ruh roh

1623362153095.png

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Vroom was very aggressive trying to buy my wife’s car. Sent POA paperwork overnight Fedex. Had a hauler contact us several times before we even sent the POA back.

Carvana ended up offering us more than Vroom on the second go around so it went to them. Vroom wouldn’t match the offer.

I liked that Carvana sent their own person out and handed me a check upon pickup versus Vroom picking up the car and then getting a check to you after the 3rd party hauler got it to them.

No local dealers or even a large volume one in the city would come close to the Carvana/Vroom offers. Furthest one off was Subaru. They were $7k off. This was on a two year old car with only 10k on the odo that still smelled new inside. My salesperson texted me a week or so later asking if we still wanted the car, I texted him back a picture of the car getting picked up by Carvana and the new car in the garage.

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
I've now sold one car to Vroom and one to Carvana. The Carvana experience was by far more pleasant. They walked me through the process over the phone after I started the process online. It's been over a year now but I'm pretty sure they paid me before coming to get the car.

With Vroom, I felt like I was mostly in the dark. They gave me an excellent price so I completed everything online and then got a few subsequent emails asking for additional actions or explaining next steps (not very well, mind you) and at no point did they indicate when I was getting paid, nor did anyone ever call me. Wasn't until after the third party trucking Co had scheduled pickup that I called them and was like uh, so when do you pay me?? They stated "2-3 business days after the car is picked up." I'm like wtf seriously? I have to watch you drive off with my car BEFORE you pay me the over $40k you owe me?? I did not like that one bit but that's "just their policy". Dumb AF, still waiting for the payment to get to my lender (car was picked up last Tuesday). Will not sell them shit ever again.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I’ve sold 2 vehicles effortlessly to Carvana and one with a check handed to me and the other direct deposit the same day no issues at all. I got offered more money for my Tacoma thru Vroom and all I’m waiting for is the title form US bank and I’m hoping it’s just as easy as carvana.

I’m going to try Naperville Toyota and st Charles Toyota they have lots of commercials they need inventory and Carmax the second I get my title I want see if I can squeeze a few hundred more.

What’s crazy is msrp was 36300 and MMR auction prices are 37700 on my model which is nuts. Stupid money

giphy.gif

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I’ve sold 2 vehicles effortlessly to Carvana and one with a check handed to me and the other direct deposit the same day no issues at all. I got offered more money for my Tacoma thru Vroom and all I’m waiting for is the title form US bank and I’m hoping it’s just as easy as carvana.

I’m going to try Naperville Toyota and st Charles Toyota they have lots of commercials they need inventory and Carmax the second I get my title I want see if I can squeeze a few hundred more.

What’s crazy is msrp was 36300 and MMR auction prices are 37700 on my model which is nuts. Stupid money

giphy.gif
GLADIATOR GLADIATOR this could be you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info