OFFICIAL Vroom experience thread

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Since we have a Carvana thread I figured I should start a Vroom thread, they offered $1600 more than carvana for my boss 302 so I’m gonna give them a shot.

Uploaded pic of DL, registration and odometer last night and now we wait to see how long this takes.

Read a couple of reviews online about vroom and apparently they have less good reviews than carvana since Vroom uses private carriers to pick up your car vs carvana having their own, a few stories of carriers not having good communication when it comes to picking up vehicles.

Im hoping they’ve gotten better about it so I will update this thread as the process unfolds.

Reactions: Tight Lines

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I have sold one car to Carvana and another to vroom.

vroom experience was that they gave me 1k for our Durango which was leased, with Carvana I needed to pay $700.00 to dump the Durango.

Carvana had a check ready at time of pickup, vroom’s process was to FedEx the check to me.

Pick up with Carvana was a Carvana employee and truck, vroom was a private company who picked up our car.

both were easy process,

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I have sold one car to Carvana and another to vroom.

vroom experience was that they gave me 1k for our Durango which was leased, with Carvana I needed to pay $700.00 to dump the Durango.

Carvana had a check ready at time of pickup, vroom’s process was to FedEx the check to me.

Pick up with Carvana was a Carvana employee and truck, vroom was a private company who picked up our car.

both were easy process,
Did you have any issues with the private company to arrange pick up? That seems to be the biggest complaint about vroom.

Also, how long did it take to hear back from them once you uploaded the docs?

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Did you have any issues with the private company to arrange pick up? That seems to be the biggest complaint about vroom.

Also, how long did it take to hear back from them once you uploaded the docs?
No issue with driver as I had to re-schedule the pick up as I was out of state when the car was picked up at a friends shop back home. he said the driver was cool and no issues

I believe it took a few days for them to get the paperwork all ready to go.

not sure if you have a loan? the payoff that’s what takes some time as the financial company’s are not fans of Carvana or vroom. I had to call chrysler financial a few times to get the payoff for our Durango, as they hung up on vroom a few times.

Reactions: IZZy

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
No issue with driver as I had to re-schedule the pick up as I was out of state when the car was picked up at a friends shop back home. he said the driver was cool and no issues

I believe it took a few days for them to get the paperwork all ready to go.

not sure if you have a loan? the payoff that’s what takes some time as the financial company’s are not fans of Carvana or vroom. I had to call chrysler financial a few times to get the payoff for our Durango, as they hung up on vroom a few times.

I do have a loan, I should probably call and let them know about it, thanks for the heads up!

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Docs were emailed to be docusigned and some others overnighted to me

148E6CEE-200C-43A6-AB35-C30B2E8522B5.gif

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
So for shits and giggles, I submitted my 21 Tahoe to both Vroom and Carvana yesterday. Vroom just got back to me and offered me roughly $1000 more than what I paid, minus tax, title and financing. I've put over 13,000 miles on my truck in 8 months. Hmmmmmmm!

The used car market is nuts, but remember you are also going to buy high on the other end.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The used car market is nuts, but remember you are also going to buy high on the other end.
I'd buy new, so wouldnt be extremely bad. Almost hard to pass this up being I go thru cars like I change my underwear.
If I wait another year, I'll have over 25k on it and probably be offered $10k-$12k less for it. Very curious to see what Carvana comes back at.
I'm really going to consider this, might go looking at shit this weekend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info