OFFICIAL Vroom experience thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If they are paying that much I would just park it and drive something else. God for bid something like a rock kick up and crack the windshield or even worse.
Wife is driving it to work, only a 8 mile commute each way on local roads. Figured thats the safest thing to do.
My Sons Chally is waiting on a sunroof glass (back ordered). I would drive his and park mine, but his is sitting in the shop with no sunroof glass.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Fingers crossed, but my experience has been solid so far.

4/14: Accepted Vroom's offer around 8pm. They offered me more than Carvana and I am walking about from my wife's MDX lease with roughly $1,700 in equity and a new car on hold.
4/15: Emailed Docs and signed via DocuSign
4/17: Received FedEx docs and signed power of attorney over. I sent the docs back within a few hours.
4/19 (Today): Assigned carrier and the note said they will pick within 2-3 days

I opted for direct deposit as I figured that would be the quickest method versus physically mailing a check.

Reactions: The Beast

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
So after you guys got the quote and went to the next step. The ID, mileage and registration pics. How long did it take for the next steps and total for deal done? Only asking because they only allow 250 miles after the initial quote. So I have to plan wisely
frank frank
Dave M Dave M

I ended up calling the carrier after a couple of days with no info, and they were able to give me a pick up date and time window. Dude got stuck in weather but he called to let me know it would be an extra day. All in it took about 7-8 full days start/finish.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I ended up calling the carrier after a couple of days with no info, and they were able to give me a pick up date and time window. Dude got stuck in weather but he called to let me know it would be an extra day. All in it took about 7-8 full days start/finish.
I'm still waiting on them to acknowledge I accepted their offer and to sign paperwork. I accepted it Saturday and havent heard back

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
After making a call to the shipping company I got this, so it seems things are moving along.

4B84E446-FEBC-47A7-8486-E825CBACEDDD.png

Reactions: cdh027

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
I'm still waiting on them to acknowledge I accepted their offer and to sign paperwork. I accepted it Saturday and havent heard back
Did you send back a key and the POA they sent you? I was confused the first time I tried this and my offer expired because I never sent the POA and key to them, so I had to start over and lost $500 bucks.
:snooppalm:

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
The Vroom carrier called me about 10 minutes ago and wanted to pick the car up now lol. My wife isn't home, so I am going to call him back and work out a time either later today or tomorrow.
Shipping companies seem to love doing this, they never call to schedule they just call and say can I come get it now?! It’s happened to me in the past with a private seller that hired a carrier.

Reactions: frank

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Did you send back a key and the POA they sent you? I was confused the first time I tried this and my offer expired because I never sent the POA and key to them, so I had to start over and lost $500 bucks.
:snooppalm:
Havent even got that far yet. Accepted the offer Saturday afternoon. They said they will email me with the next steps and havent seen that email yet. If I go on their website and log in, says they are getting everything together and will email me

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Havent even got that far yet. Accepted the offer Saturday afternoon. They said they will email me with the next steps and havent seen that email yet. If I go on their website and log in, says they are getting everything together and will email me
Working on the payoff takes some time, I know when I did my deal, chrysler finance did not want to cooperate with vroom and I had to get involved, we did a three way call me vroom and Chrysler to get a payoff number, and then a letter was emailed to me which I sent to vroom. When all done, chrysler cut me a check back for any over payment / prorated amount.

Reactions: Shawn1112

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Shipping companies seem to love doing this, they never call to schedule they just call and say can I come get it now?! It’s happened to me in the past with a private seller that hired a carrier.

He’s local and said he will be by around 3pm. I’m going to give him a ring around 2:30 and give him a heads up that the car is ready. Whoever buys this car is getting a good one.

521B7344-DB4B-422D-8B96-23D3ABE89D5C.jpeg

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Soooo.... since Vroom is dragging their feet to have a carrier pick up the car I’m thinking about betraying them, went back to carvana’s website and ran the car again and they are now within $400 of vroom’s offer, I am not obligated to sell the car to them at this point or am I?

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Soooo.... since Vroom is dragging their feet to have a carrier pick up the car I’m thinking about betraying them, went back to carvana’s website and ran the car again and they are now within $400 of vroom’s offer, I am not obligated to sell the car to them at this point or am I?
If you didn’t send them the key(s) I don’t see any issues with it. “contracts are meant to be broken” and in this case totally acceptable. I bet if you call and complain vroom may give you a few more $$$.

Reactions: IZZy

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
If you didn’t send them the key(s) I don’t see any issues with it. “contracts are meant to be broken” and in this case totally acceptable. I bet if you call and complain vroom may give you a few more $$$.
I didn’t send them any keys, all I sígned was the POA and docusigned their contract, might have to read the small print

Reactions: frank
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info