Official trailer towing guide from trailerlife.com

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
ugh i want a 6.0 bulletproofed excursion like [MENTION=653]BrianG[/MENTION]'s or [MENTION=561]shaferz[/MENTION] so bad but i don't want their headaches.

Hate to burst your bubble, but no bulletproofing has been yet undertaken on my Ex. I gotta get this rust under control before I even consider throwing close to 5 figures at anything else on it.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
so looking at this for my dad, he has an 11 yukon with the 3.42 gears and tow package rated at 8100, his boat is like 8500ish he really wants to keep you truck since he just dropped large duckets on a new boat, I noticed going from 3.08 to 3.42 gears adds 500lbs to the tow capacity, do you think going from 3.42 to 3.73's would do the same?

edit he also just put bags on the rear, and has a load leveling hitch deal

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
bubble isn't bursted :rofl:

i meant moreover 6.0 excursion, but i'd want a bulletproofed one...

bad rust?

The bumpers are running away REAL fast. I noticed some bubbling a year or 2 ago, and now they're just disintegrating. I want to do some brushing on the frame and get some POR on the underside. The inside bottom edge of the doors are just barely starting too. I'm fine with the bumpers going because those can be replaced easily, and I'll deal with the doors if I have to, but if the rear quarters start to go, then I'm in trouble. The 250/350 truck bed sides go bad over the wheels, so I can't imagine the Ex would be any different.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
so looking at this for my dad, he has an 11 yukon with the 3.42 gears and tow package rated at 8100, his boat is like 8500ish he really wants to keep you truck since he just dropped large duckets on a new boat, I noticed going from 3.08 to 3.42 gears adds 500lbs to the tow capacity, do you think going from 3.42 to 3.73's would do the same?

it'd make it easier to pulll for sure of course but who knows what it would be "rated at" then... it looks like 2011 5.3 crew cab silverado's with 3.42's were rated at 9500ish...

Tow Ratings 1991-2015 Models

The bumpers are running away REAL fast. I noticed some bubbling a year or 2 ago, and now they're just disintegrating. I want to do some brushing on the frame and get some POR on the underside. The inside bottom edge of the doors are just barely starting too. I'm fine with the bumpers going because those can be replaced easily, and I'll deal with the doors if I have to, but if the rear quarters start to go, then I'm in trouble. The 250/350 truck bed sides go bad over the wheels, so I can't imagine the Ex would be any different.

:tear:

was your truck from up here originally?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
only problem is he bought a town house in lemont and the garages are small, he cant fit a long wheel based vehicle in the garage, he has been looking at standard cab 2500hd's but its going to be bumper on the wall and bumper on the door I think

i was moreover looking for a number to compare to... id also weigh the boat/trailer combo see what it's at... who knows maybe it will be at 5k or something... or maybe 12k :rofl:

he needs a 2500 burb :naughty:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
i was moreover looking for a number to compare to... id also weigh the boat/trailer combo see what it's at... who knows maybe it will be at 5k or something... or maybe 12k :rofl:

he needs a 2500 burb :naughty:

its not light lol that big blue boat i posted in the boat thread on the triple axle trailer, Im pretty sure hes already weighed it and it was just shy of 9k lbs and he hasn't put much of anything in it yet

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
its not light lol that big blue boat i posted in the boat thread on the triple axle trailer, Im pretty sure hes already weighed it and it was just shy of 9k lbs and he hasn't put much of anything in it yet

i was being sarcastic with the 5k :s00ls:

more of a joke towards the wakeboard boats of late that claim to be 6k lbs and 23 feet long. :rofl:.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
well yeah that and the trailer-you-were-pulling's brake's were 100% not functioning... :rofl:

was uhual trailer that did probably have the brakes, doubt I had the controller in that tahoe, i think the 'tow package' is just the electrical for lights and the button to keep it out of overdrive? you have to add those brake controllers separate I think?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info