Official trailer towing guide from trailerlife.com

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
was uhual trailer that did probably have the brakes, doubt I had the controller in that tahoe, i think the 'tow package' is just the electrical for lights and the button to keep it out of overdrive? you have to add those brake controllers separate I think?

the trailer almost had to have trailer brakes, i dont know if ive seen a car trailer without them.

and yeah tow package is probably the receive, trailer light wiring, maybe a trans and oil cooler and the button for improved shifting for trailering.

some trucks have the brake controllers built in, others you have to add. for my truck it was just a plug in harness from amazon for the controller I got... like 3 minute install.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
is that the excuse to have a bro diesel to pull it with, I think our 26 searay was 6k and that seemed like a huge bitch on the trailer

it's a race to have the heaviest boat since that makes the biggest wakes for wakesurfing and wakeboarding... so everyone has started to claim their shit is way fucking heavy.... but no one ever questions it or weighs it... boats posted weights jumped 2-3k over a few years and no one blinked an eye....

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
in small print, with all the balast full

right, yeah who knows... because there's no real regulation for it.

like here. 23' mastercraft... they state 5500 lbs :rofl: yaaaaokay.

http://www.mastercraft.com/boat/detail/x23

hero.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
the trailer almost had to have trailer brakes, i dont know if ive seen a car trailer without them.

and yeah tow package is probably the receive, trailer light wiring, maybe a trans and oil cooler and the button for improved shifting for trailering.

some trucks have the brake controllers built in, others you have to add. for my truck it was just a plug in harness from amazon for the controller I got... like 3 minute install.
Pretty sure all u haul trailers are surge brakes, who knew if they worked properly :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
are surge brakes literally a mechanism to know your braking and to apply the trailer brakes? or as your braking and the weight shifts forward it apply s hydraulic brakes? If they were working I was right at or over the weight limit even with assisted braking :rofl:

well... it's both of what you said :rofl:

as the tow vehicle slows and as the coupler slides forward on the trailer, the brakes activate on the trailer

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
oh.

12k would make you nervous out of the receiver?

i mean that's a decent sized boat? probably your parents size right?

would pull.

Their boat is about 13,000 full of fuel. Boat is a hair over 9k, plus 300 gallons of fuel and a 3,500# trailer.

Not nervous, they just tow like shit. I've done it and will still continue to do so, just not preferred. I pulled an S250 Bobcat home from Deluth on a 20' Cronkhite, total weight was close to 11,000#'s and it was a bumpy ride. I'd rather have that much weight over the axle. It's perfectly fine, I'd just rather it be a goose.

12523116_10153915187449589_4221730743237195800_n.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info