Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

nethingiwant

Sep 4, 2009
Grrrrr. Trip now in jeopardy, even tho I have paid for the hotels and have the days off work. After $2500 in scheduled mntc today to prep GTR for the trip, AMS informs I have issue (known issue with GTRs and bell housing) that unless fixed I should not go on this drive. So now have to determine if I should do the repair for another 3 grand, trade in car, which leaves me tons of choices as I consider new GTR or downgrade to Lexus RC-F or Jag F-type R as two cars I like. OR cancel trip and lose out on hotel. What crappy timing

nethingiwant

Sep 4, 2009
Oh yeah I know. Had my fun with GTR, but do miss some of the luxory and ride quality that the jag and lexus cud provide. I cud also use both cars in winter whereas GTR never driven in snow. Also, mntc on gtr is just ridiculously stupid. Fluids alone for my scheduled mntc, every 18k miles is 2 grand.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
Grrrrr. Trip now in jeopardy, even tho I have paid for the hotels and have the days off work. After $2500 in scheduled mntc today to prep GTR for the trip, AMS informs I have issue (known issue with GTRs and bell housing) that unless fixed I should not go on this drive. So now have to determine if I should do the repair for another 3 grand, trade in car, which leaves me tons of choices as I consider new GTR or downgrade to Lexus RC-F or Jag F-type R as two cars I like. OR cancel trip and lose out on hotel. What crappy timing

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear.

I love GTR's and was looking forward to gawking at one for 1000 miles

Still a downgrade, but maybe not too painful- maybe an M4?

Thread Info