Official TCG Tour 2022 Thread (August 12th-15th)

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
How can we have Friday breakfast on Saturday?

Episode 5 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I am running into issues where I am trying to confirm or make lunch/dinner reservations and establishments don't even pick up their phone.

The good news is we are all set for Friday dinner and a special Saturday breakfast at Holiday Acres.

Unfortunate, but not surprising. I've been running into that on vacation and just around town. Restaurants with only half their dining area open, limited menus, closed during certain weekdays because of staffing, etc.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Unfortunate, but not surprising. I've been running into that on vacation and just around town. Restaurants with only half their dining area open, limited menus, closed during certain weekdays because of staffing, etc.

I'd rather see half the dining area opened than a full restaurant and half the staff. I think that makes for a better experience for people dining.

There is a fairly new popular restaurant in Arbor Vitae we wanted to eat at last Saturday. I must have called half a dozen times over the course of 4 hours trying to get a reservation. (before and after they opened) No one ever picked up the phone. We ended up deciding to roll the dice and drive up there early around 5PM to see if we can get a table or be put on a waitlist. We got there, every table was full, and the host at the counter told me they were 100% booked for the evening. Said I needed to make a reservation a week in advance. Can't do it online, and they don't pick up the phone, what am I supposed to do drop in and make a reservation for a week out? Last time we went there we got on a waitlist and waited 1.5 hours for a table. I love the food there, but I wish it was easier to actually eat at the place.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Sad DEEZUZ DEEZUZ isn't attending this year.
I'm admiring the work you've done here. This mfer is put together very well and I am saddened to not be attending.

It is 100% my fault in not having the car ready once again.

I'm definitely following along but it's the shit that never makes it to the forum that these tours are built on.

Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Thanks again everyone who attended another secessfull #tcgtour. My route is just one piece of the puzzle all of you is what makes these events so memorable. Stop giving me all the credit.

I will get up a comments and suggestion thread and post up some of my thoughts tomorrow.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Old Military Road

Facebook video outlines some of the history behind one of our favorite roads from TCG Tour 2022. (Military Road in the Three Lakes Wisconsin area)

View attachment 183261
I ran my GoPro through there on my trip this past June. Came out okay (was facing into the sun), and definitely a good find.

Thread Info