Official TCG Tour 2021 Thread (August 20th-22nd)

Loanshark

Alrighty, good deal.
TCG Premium
Sep 17, 2012
It's looking more like I'll be able to make it. Will know for sure by next Tuesday, yeah, it's cutting it close, but it's a family thing.

Also, have two FRS radios I can bring, which seem to have not such great range but they're basically new and have excellent battery life. If I can get my GMRS license before the start I'll bring some GMRS radios (much more power), but someone else would need a GMRS license as well.

Question in regards to radio/communication talk. Anyone going old school and bringing a CB? Was considering digging out and dusting off one of my old rigs (President HR-2510, Gray 60/120 walking shoes, and Wilson 1000 mag mount).

I will bring two GMRS radios as well.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
1628867368526.png

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
We have never had an issue with frs (so we are all on the same channel) radios and group me so I wouldn't worry too much.
gmrs radios can operate on FRS bands too. FRS just cant transmit on the GMRS bands, but they both fall in the same 1-22 channels.

so if you have a GMRS radio, it will work with FRS for transmit and receive.

If you have a FRS radio, you can listen on GMRS channels, but can only transmit on FRS.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
We will be using FRS... almost everyone has those and we have never had issues.
FRS should be just fine. I just picked these up for the kids.... in the neighborhood, trees/houses, zero line of sight with tester in the house... it gets 1/4 mile with zero issues. Hoping to run longer tests this weekend.

$35 for 4 radios. On the open highway I bet you get 1/2 mile to 1 miles easily. Basically throw away at these prices.

Thread Info