Tour Official TCG Tour 2021 Thread (August 20th-22nd)

Added to Calendar: 20-08-21, 21-08-21, 22-08-21

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Lets talk about something else.

Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat did you rent vette yet?
too pricey for it right now. gotta adult :cry:

I did look into it. $1k ish. Even a mustang/camaro/challenger from enterprise would be $700 for the trip.

And Autos....Booo.. If I am gonna spend that dough, I'd want to row gears.

EmersonHart13

UNSUBSCRIBE
Donating Member
Reaction score
too pricey for it right now. gotta adult :cry:

I did look into it. $1k ish. Even a mustang/camaro/challenger from enterprise would be $700 for the trip.

And Autos....Booo.. If I am gonna spend that dough, I'd want to row gears.
Agreed on both accounts. Turo?

Drago

Reaction score
So what’s the record for least amount of days before the tour for an engine swap?

After a completely unnecessary rubber to smoke conversion session in the wee hours of this morning the camaro has a pretty unhealthy knocking sound. I guess that Escalade I bought the other day to flip is now an engine donor.

F3BE68BD-FB39-4045-8E83-AD445B9C9DCA.jpeg

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
So what’s the record for least amount of days before the tour for an engine swap?

After a completely unnecessary rubber to smoke conversion session in the wee hours of this morning the camaro has a pretty unhealthy knocking sound. I guess that Escalade I bought the other day to flip is now an engine donor.

View attachment 96955
Yea.. You'll definitely beat me just doing the engine. But kinda apples to oranges

I tossed the car on jack stands as a fully dressed TPI/700R4, completely performed the LS swap, cut hole for shifter and clutch, dropped tank, tossed fuel pump in, wired the car, rebuilt the t56, got it RUNNING in like 27 days, then learned to drive stick in 4 days then took it around lake Michigan and only killed it 3 times.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Welp, heres a post I never thought I'd have to make. Car broke tonight and absolutely zero way it will be fixed by Friday, pending some utter miracle. In fact, very good chance car will be down for weeks minimum.

I will be shacking up with Jim most of the trip, likely, and just bouncing around cars at different stops.

Definitely feeling pretty fucking depressed now, but it wont keep me from enjoying Tour.

WhiteKnuckleScat

Mopowah Baby!!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Welp, heres a post I never thought I'd have to make. Car broke tonight and absolutely zero way it will be fixed by Friday, pending some utter miracle. In fact, very good chance car will be down for weeks minimum.

I will be shacking up with Jim most of the trip, likely, and just bouncing around cars at different stops.

Definitely feeling pretty fucking depressed now, but it wont keep me from enjoying Tour.
That sucks Mook I’d be happy to have you as a co-pilot at some point. I guess it’s better you figured it out before the tour rather than breaking down in the middle of nowhere.

Drago

Reaction score
Welp just came in from the shop. Yanked out camaro motor yesterday, tore it down this morning to find spun rod bearing that cooked the one next to it as well. Crank is scored. Said fuck it and dug into the running driving Escalade, now that’s a roller and I’ve got an engine just about ready to be thrown back in tomorrow evening after work

A9AE60EE-5B0A-4D5D-ADA0-C673F6DD5C76.jpeg

DDB53904-6B84-430B-B9D5-EBC6723DCDFB.jpeg

3F8D7641-621B-49CC-A78E-EF3693437B7B.jpeg

3C2B5577-5BBA-44B6-BCD0-097971FF3CE7.jpeg

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
Donating Member
Reaction score

Ive got copilot space as well

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score

I mean we can just pull you out of the back of the cop car at every stop in cuffs and make people think you’re a bad ass we are transporting

greasy

2021 Player Hater Nominee
Donating Member
Reaction score
Welp just came in from the shop. Yanked out camaro motor yesterday, tore it down this morning to find spun rod bearing that cooked the one next to it as well. Crank is scored. Said fuck it and dug into the running driving Escalade, now that’s a roller and I’ve got an engine just about ready to be thrown back in tomorrow evening after work

View attachment 97140

View attachment 97139

View attachment 97141

View attachment 97142
Is that you with the epic mullet or your son?!?!?! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score

That does suck.

However, we can get you a NASA hat, and you can be....

The Navigator

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score

sell it and get a new supra?

OP
Mr. Von Ween Fox

Mr. Von Ween Fox

110% Flex
Reaction score

Modding your only car is not good mmmmmkay.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Mr. Von Ween Fox Lead Pipe, I'm a "go" for the tour. Just got the approval from the mom-front.

Edit: so this sounds like I am a teenager asking for permission, not the case, lol. Needed her stroke-risk re-evaluated to see if I could stray from the area for a few days. Might have to bug out early, but for now all is good and I'm really looking forward to this. I just need to get some bug spray, should have everything else necessary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom