Official TCG Hellcat Owners Thread

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Wow, these things are way bigger and thicker than I expected. That's a ½" wrench for comparison. Very happy with Petty's Garage :)

View attachment 63105

You need o pull the bumper off to install those? I was looking at tow hooks for my Charger too. Especially now that it’s lowered. If I go off the track I can only incision back things if I need to get hooked up.
I was looking at zl1 add ons tow hook. Not sure if the number has to come off for it as it attaches to the front crash bar.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
You need o pull the bumper off to install those? I was looking at tow hooks for my Charger too. Especially now that it’s lowered. If I go off the track I can only incision back things if I need to get hooked up.
I was looking at zl1 add ons tow hook. Not sure if the number has to come off for it as it attaches to the front crash bar.

No, super easy to install, but I wouldn't call them tow hooks. They attach back near the wheels. Perfect for the tie down when using a trailer (which angle downward). You might loose your splitter if you just hooked a tow rope to them.

More pictures here:

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
You can’t keep rotating the DS and torque each bolt when they are at the bottom most position?

It will rotate fine, but the head of a ratchet will never fit on the socket. I think I need to order something like this:

capture.jpg

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
It will rotate fine, but the head of a ratchet will never fit on the socket. I think I need to order something like this:

View attachment 63308

Update: It took eight days for USPS to deliver that tiny wrench adapter from North Carolina to my house (it sat in a Chicago distribution center for four days until I filed a complaint). After that, driveshaft and exhaust went right back on, easy.

Then back out of the driveway for a test drive. Nope. Front U-joint is bumping against the shifter. Not just a little. Ugh! Back up on the ramps. :angrys00ls:

#Hellcatlife

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Driveshaft saga update. I tried shimming the transmission crossmember down as some had to do when using a CCI driveshaft and a Barton shifter. Made the car driveable, but it still hits on a semi-hard 1-2 shift. Apparently CCI updated the design, but my car is the first M6 to get it. So out it comes and I'm sending it back.

Back to picking out which driveshaft to get. :rolleyes:

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Driveshaft saga update. I tried shimming the transmission crossmember down as some had to do when using a CCI driveshaft and a Barton shifter. Made the car driveable, but it still hits on a semi-hard 1-2 shift. Apparently CCI updated the design, but my car is the first M6 to get it. So out it comes and I'm sending it back.

Back to picking out which driveshaft to get. :rolleyes:

Damn man that stinks! Following closely as I will eventually heading down this route.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Damn man that stinks! Following closely as I will eventually heading down this route.

So the CCI driveshaft went back. They won't have a solution until they can get an M6 car in house and they don't know when that will be.

So I called Wiles. They said their U-joints are tied up in a New Jersey port and they don't know when they can get them. They have moved from a 3.5" to a 4" driveshaft, like CCI, so i asked to talk to someone about fitment issues. She said Ralph would call be back - twice - and he hasn't. I'm leery if he won't call back before the sale, what happens after?

That leaves the Driveshaft Shop (DSS). Called and they said 8 weeks! They recommended calling their vendors to see who has one in stock. Tried that - no one stocks a $900 part. Then I found one on eBay. "Last one" and "Guaranteed" delivery in four days. Should have arrived today. I been messaging back and forth with the seller. Turns out they don't have the actually part and are having it dropped shipped from the DSS. Ugh.

Fuck - why is this so hard?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So the CCI driveshaft went back. They won't have a solution until they can get an M6 car in house and they don't know when that will be.

So I called Wiles. They said their U-joints are tied up in a New Jersey port and they don't know when they can get them. They have moved from a 3.5" to a 4" driveshaft, like CCI, so i asked to talk to someone about fitment issues. She said Ralph would call be back - twice - and he hasn't. I'm leery if he won't call back before the sale, what happens after?

That leaves the Driveshaft Shop (DSS). Called and they said 8 weeks! They recommended calling their vendors to see who has one in stock. Tried that - no one stocks a $900 part. Then I found one on eBay. "Last one" and "Guaranteed" delivery in four days. Should have arrived today. I been messaging back and forth with the seller. Turns out they don't have the actually part and are having it dropped shipped from the DSS. Ugh.

Fuck - why is this so hard?
Doesnt Suburban Drive Shaft/Line in Villa Park make custom 1 piece shafts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info