TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
giphy.gif

Reactions: 212

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
Was going to push my current setup a little more, but I would be greatly out of it’s efficiency range. I’m very happy it has run it’s fastest times ever so far with 3-4lbs less boost than last year. If I had a couple built ones on the shelf and no worries about what blowing one up would do to the motor I’d send it. Hell another charger just ran a 9.1@153 just by spinning these things to the moon. After seeing my stock blower apart after 18k of abuse, it is hard to say how much life it had left. My plan will be to sell my ported blower to whoever wants it.....local would be idea for all you people here lol.

I’m going to upgrade to a Maggie and see where that takes me.......it will also be ported by Brett@Jokerz

B45519C0-58C2-4303-9B39-9A9D4985B6F8.jpeg

685164B5-A1BB-4D59-BFE2-BAEF7BCD8C4A.jpeg

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
What does that blower weigh? Looks absolutely hyooooge.

And I probably missed it but what needs to be done for the trans & diff on a car that heavy with that much power?

Any increase in power the diff needs to be braced. Depends on what you do with the car. If you do 1/4 mile stuff you need to support it, if you are just roll racing, not much is needed.

Trans protection is all done by the tuner. They can make these things last at a big power level, just has to be done right.

HellBilly

Aug 18, 2019
Any increase in power the diff needs to be braced. Depends on what you do with the car. If you do 1/4 mile stuff you need to support it, if you are just roll racing, not much is needed.

Trans protection is all done by the tuner. They can make these things last at a big power level, just has to be done right.
What was the biggest difference between the Maggie you chose over KB or Whipple? Benefits?

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
What was the biggest difference between the Maggie you chose over KB or Whipple? Benefits?

Whipple is coming out with a new 3.8L that is supposed to be awesome, but Whipple hasn’t had the best history with hellcats, R&D sucks in my opinion. Always guys having issues with small things. So in my mind, it will take a year if not more for all that to get sorted out. KB’s are another pain in the ass as far as install goes and run really hot. ICE box or chiller would be mandatory with one in my opinion. I’ve been eying the maggie for some time do to how simple the install looks. The only issue I’ve see is that they have extreme belt slip for high HP cars, but there is already a solution for that, and I have that in hand. The other positive about the maggie is that there are parts everywhere for them and they are easy to fix/re-build if something goes wrong. Even though the maggie is technically smaller than a 2.7L blower, it performs closer to the 4.5L whipple territory. I’m not sure what my target power level is, but I have 3 pulleys to try to see where the “safe space” is lol.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
So here's a couple of more CV joint carnage pictures. I don't think it's balls should be hanging out like that. :LOL: I didn't see anything obviously broken in the CV joint, it's just "dislocated". The driveshaft has a Mopar sticker on it, so it a warranty replacement. Still a 2015 unit.

The CCI driveshaft arrived yesterday. Looks awesome. It's on the car now and should be torqued down to 70 lbft. There is no friggin way a torque wrench will fit in there. :angrys00ls: What do I do??? I'm not going with 'goodentite" on this car.

IMG_1612.JPGIMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1639.JPGIMG_1655.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info