Official TCG Hellcat Owners Thread

Regular
Jan 23, 2016
This thing is at the dealership near me.
IMG_6687.jpg

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Damn Pentastar emblem F'd up my car! LOL

My neighbor's kid is back in town for his baby shower. Took him for a ride in the Hellcat. First gear fine, 1-2 gear shift fine and then BAM!. Ugly noises and no power in gear. Limped over the shoulder. Engine seems OK, differential is still there, clutch seems OK, --- and sounds like the front U-joint is busted. At least I'm hoping that's all it is.

Time for a one piece driveshaft? :unsure:

Good thing the neighbor has three big boys. We were able to get the car on the trailer. And now I have the answer to will a come-along winch a car up. Yes - it will.

IMG_1582.JPG

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Damage report...

Fortunately it is just the front CV joint. (y) Grease sprayed out and very minor damage to the padding on the tunnel wall. You might be able to tell the thin, black part of the driveshaft is off center to the silver part of the joint (it's just flopping around in there). I can grab the joint and freely spin it without the shaft turning.

Could have been WAY worse.

I assume the joint isn't serviceable, and I doubt I'd want another stock part in there. Time to research aftermarket driveshaft.

IMG_1590.JPGIMG_1591.JPG

Reactions: greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Damage report...

Fortunately it is just the front CV joint. (y) Grease sprayed out and very minor damage to the padding on the tunnel wall. You might be able to tell the thin, black part of the driveshaft is off center to the silver part of the joint (it's just floppy around in there). I can grab the joint and freely spin it without the shaft turning.

Could have been WAY worse.

I assume the joint isn't serviceable, and I doubt I'd want another stock part in there. Time to research aftermarket driveshaft.

View attachment 62862View attachment 62863

Could have been MUCH WORSE. I would take that all day long. Great to hear all things considered.

Reactions: b4black

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Ordering a driveshaft from CCI. All positives reviews from what I have seen. They said they could have it ready in days. $1200

Probably should be ordering a DIRS Differential Brace while I'm at it.

Expensive shit - stupid car. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 212

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ordering a driveshaft from CCI. All positives reviews from what I have seen. They said they could have it ready in days. $1200

100% agree of the diff brace

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

giphy.gif

Reactions: Blood on Blood
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info