Official TCG Christmas Party 2022 - Top Golf Schaumburg, Saturday December 10th @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
And I dont mean to be an asshole, but coming in here to tell us you're out b/c you dont want to do this or that, just discourages others from considering coming out.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Might get a better response if he threatened to shut down the bored thread
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
And I dont mean to be an asshole, but coming in here to tell us you're out b/c you dont want to do this or that, just discourages others from considering coming out.

Ok so get tagged into a thread and we can't express why we don't want to go?

I think it is perfectly understandable for people to not want to pay $80 to subsidize an activity they won't be doing.

Reactions: blue-sun

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I think you are misplacing blame. If people don't want to play golf then maybe should be be doing a general meet. Is this about getting people together or playing golf?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its about the fact that we asked the site, the site voted for gold and now no one wants to go. Thats ridiculous. And happens all the time and I'm rather fed up with it. Most TCG events are made up or non TCG people.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Its about the fact that we asked the site, the site voted for gold and now no one wants to go. Thats ridiculous. And happens all the time and I'm rather fed up with it. Most TCG events are made up or non TCG people.
The majority voted for gold golf. If I knew 100% for sure I'd be in town I would pony up the cash and join, even though I don't golf and my clubs are inherited from my paternal grandfather, which are about 60 years old.

• Love
Reactions: Teege24

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Just my .02, the problem may be the $80 and not the golf.

Not that it's crazy expensive, but times are a bit tough right now.
This is VERY understood, this was made clear in the vote though, Top Golf was significantly more expensive than our other option. Still, even with that said, Top Golf won, and we are currently sitting at 2 members paid.

If cost was a concern, and the vote would have reflected this, we would have pursued the cheaper option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info