Official TCG Bank Thread

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
So I opened a new account with chase. Pulled all my money except a hundo at BOA. I transferred all the auto pays and direct deposits. I am keeping BOA open until everything gets changed over officially. When I switched my work direct deposit, they send you a physical paper check and then the next paystub gets direct deposited. I got paid on Jan 13 and still waiting for a check. I called ADP and they said I should have received within 72 hours. No worries, we will put a stop payment on that one and send you another check. That’ll be $30…WTF????????
I told them I will wait until this Friday, when I get paid hopefully though direct deposit, instead of paying $30. I am not being a cheap ass, am I??

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
No, you’re not. Can they verify if the first check (missing) was deposited? Verify the mailing address as well?

ADP shouldn’t be charging you $30 for a stop payment and re-issue. I can see why, but that’s being greedy, especially since you are doing a change of direct deposit.

Reactions: Jon01

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
you can check this site for various sign up offers

most have hoops to jump through but depending on the state you're in you can get an extra $25 $100 $500 etc.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Been with Chase for a long time, started with a local bank that they acquired, so close to 45 years.

First, stop using a debit card. Do not ever use a debit card. That shit comes directly from your checking account. If you have to, use it as a credit card (using the chip reader or tap), since it will be either a VISA (typical) or MasterCard.

Chase gave me a debit card which is only used in the very rare occasion I have to use an ATM for cash. Otherwise it's usually locked up at home.
aside from DA POINTS yeaahhh i consider fraud and chargeback handling much better with credit cards. i assume banks themselves are better at catching fraud with them as well, although that's just a gut feeling.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
have to be military or close family no?

i think between the loyalty employees have to military families, many of them being military themselves, and customers knowing much of the company is also ex military, these guys always have quite high customer service scores. i consulted at a top 5 insurer for years and have worked with other major insurers across the US as well - i can tell you that customer sat surveys for USAA were pretty much untouchable by anyone else. USAA was way out in front while others were fighting over second place

Reactions: 69Nice

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I've never checked out USAA, but I have tried opening up an account with Navy Federal as I've heard a lot of good things about them and they're open for any branch of service. I submitted all documents and made a small deposit to start. Tried logging in at a later time and I get an error. Tried calling and I was on hold for over 2.5 hours and still no answer from a rep. Chalked up the small deposit as a loss and won't be dealing with them.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Been with Wells Fargo for well over 25 years. Never had an issue large enough I thought about leaving them.
I've been very tempted to move to WF.
Having our cash in a small local bank makes me feel nice but it makes it impossible to snag a good deal when we are traveling.
Having easy nationwide access to our money would be super handy.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I use 2 different banks. Chase plus a local bank for most transactions. Went to the local bank the other day, got greeted by everyone and one of the guys sitting at his desk jumped up to help when he heard me explain to the teller what I wanted. They also had a notary on premises to notarize a document for me. For free. I can bring a $9K paycheck in there and they instantly cash it for me. No waiting period. I have cashed checks, left there in 5 minutes with $5-$6K in my pocket to run down the block to deposit in my Chase account for bill paying. You don't get that personal touch at Chase but they are good for travel, automated payments and other things that a local bank can't handle as well.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I've been very tempted to move to WF.
Having our cash in a small local bank makes me feel nice but it makes it impossible to snag a good deal when we are traveling.
Having easy nationwide access to our money would be super handy.
afaik, schwab is the only place that will give you a debit card that doesn't have foreign transaction fees if you're interested in that.

been meaning to open an account there but have been lazy; my education visa in thailand allowed me to open up a bank account so i transfer money via wise.com to it and have a local debit card so atm visits stopped bugging me.

Reactions: Jon01

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
So my direct deposit had started showing up to my new bank account but I still hadn’t received my physical paycheck for the past pay period which was mandatory when you switch direct deposit accounts. After three calls to ADP I had to get my company’s HR involved. They finally decided to direct deposit the missing check. LOL… I even got a “Tell us how we did” survey. I’m not even gonna…

Anyway, yesterday I actually receive the missing physical pay check in the mail, 4 weeks after I was supposed to get it. It looks like it was jammed in USPS machinery until finally someone said “Hey Look!”

41CEB27C-E8EB-46CB-80B5-1EFFCD807C76.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info