Official TCG Bank Thread

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Local credit union here as well as capital one for cc.

I know a lot of my accounts don’t need updating for cc numbers when I’ve ever had issues (lost a card once and had it copied at a gas pump once) which is disturbing that they just get new updated numbers

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I used to have Bank One when I was about 12 or so but then they got bought out by Chase. (actually the bank was something else before Bank One). I still have Chase. I've had a few issues before with Chase but I'm still with them.

There was one time when I had a joint account with my dad when I was a teen and around 8pm the security dept from Chase called my dad asking about whether or not we wired $1k to Mexico. They asked about a debit card that I just got rid of. It was when you had to go in the branch and they took your card, destroyed it, and you had to wait a week to get a new one in the mail. I remember giving the employee my debit card and he was supposed to destroy it. My guess is he used it to wire money to Mexico. In the end, they gave me back my money right away while they did an investigation so I wasn't out anything.

One issue I did have was when I was paycheck to paycheck many many years ago and I knew I was going to overdraft when I paid some bills, I planned out my transactions to minimize the amount of overdrafts I'd be charged by the way they did their transactions at the end of the business day. Low and behold, they silently changed their policy on how they charged overdraft fees/transactions and I got hit hard. I chatted with them to see if they can reverse some of the overdraft fees. Even if a few fees. They denied it so I complained and filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office for their shifty practices (in my eyes). The AG forward a copy of the complaint to Chase and I got reimbursed half the fees.

Other than that, I haven't had many big issues. I like Chase.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Changed all my passwords and set up two step verification on my bank account for online and out of the country activity. Switching to a new bank will take me some time so this should hold me up for now. I also checked and my wife set up a Walmart online account for my mom about 8 years ago with one of my emails. Now getting notifications about any activity on Walmart. I don't have an issue with BOA but I feel I have to leave and start over with another bank.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Changed all my passwords and set up two step verification on my bank account for online and out of the country activity. Switching to a new bank will take me some time so this should hold me up for now. I also checked and my wife set up a Walmart online account for my mom about 8 years ago with one of my emails. Now getting notifications about any activity on Walmart. I don't have an issue with BOA but I feel I have to leave and start over with another bank.
Switching to a new bank literally takes less than a hour.
Setting up all your auto drafts and other similar shit takes about another hour

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
It might be tenuous, but in the long run it’ll really help mitigate any more issues. The last thing you need is to have to continuously deal with this, or worse, identity theft.

Reactions: Jon01

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
We are with a small local bank. Have been for probably 15 years.
Wifey works for Wells Fargo and I have thought about moving our stuff there since she can get it all for free so I can access cash everywhere for hustling and flipping.
I am also debating closing our account and debit cards and opening fresh ones.
Wifey handles the dough and while I'm sure she is on top of shit, it's all the $5/mo subscriptions that add up that I have lost track of and would like to cancel which that would accomplish.

Juano, get a credit card and use it for everything. Then you're more insulated.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Last night before going to bed checked the bank account and had another fraudulent charge. This is after adding two step verification for online transactions. BOA says it’s an account takeover and has to be closed. I told them I am starting fresh at another bank. Tomorrow morning have to go to a BOA and pull everything in cash. Start new account with chase. Will have to deal with all the hassles of switching autopay and direct deposits. No other way.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Last night before going to bed checked the bank account and had another fraudulent charge. This is after adding two step verification for online transactions. BOA says it’s an account takeover and has to be closed. I told them I am starting fresh at another bank. Tomorrow morning have to go to a BOA and pull everything in cash. Start new account with chase. Will have to deal with all the hassles of switching autopay and direct deposits. No other way.
Bummer.

Now's a great time to get diversified. Open 3 accounts in 3 different banks and have them each have separate uses and direct deposit into at least 2 every check.

If one gets hit, only 1/3 of your finances are effected vs a complete fresh start.

Reactions: Jon01

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Use US Bank for my banking, been with them forever now, before that they were Citizens, and something else before that.

Had my cards hacked years ago but they handled it.

Definitely sounds like they have your account information since theyre just setting up accounts immediately before you even get a new card.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
You'll get reimbursed anyway if you didnt make the charges even on a debit card.

This is a much different case that seems to be he has his bank information out there or something, not just a debit card that keeps getting hacked. I use my debit card for everything and have never had an issue like he is having.....

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Chase and citi bank will both call me any time Simone tries to charge something that looks off before they let the money go through, chase called me at 2am like 7-8 years ago when someone bought movie tickets off fandango, cancelled the charge and card and I had a new one with a new number in my hand 2 days later

Reactions: Shawn1112

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
You'll get reimbursed anyway if you didnt make the charges even on a debit card.

This is a much different case that seems to be he has his bank information out there or something, not just a debit card that keeps getting hacked. I use my debit card for everything and have never had an issue like he is having.....
The difference is your debit is directly tied to the bank account vs a credit card is not. All about limiting what uses the debit or has direct access to the bank account.

Reactions: 1quick and Jon01
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info