Real Name
Joel
Happy Gilmore Win GIF

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It was a matter of time before he would jump and cost him a race
When I saw it was him in the finals I thought to myself "Losing $100k jumping because you guessed on the light is gonna hurt.". Sure enough lol

He brags about how he guesses the light all the time. Then suddenly he isn't guessing that night? Come on. lol I bet they are using the new iPhone for the tire slow motion. It's 240 frames per second. When in slow motion the light comes on and the tire cracks in the same frame, you guessed like a mofo.

I would have liked to see a "Wait until you see the light" final race between the two of them. Oh well.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It's always the ones who can't run the number that complain. Even though others can run the number with the same combo. Easier to cry than spend the money and time testing and developing your program. But that is hard on a budget. That doesn't mean everyone else should be penalized.

A couple of years ago the nitrous guys cried and that was kind of legit. They only had hopes of winning by running on the ragged edge. Which can be hard on parts and very costly. The new rules made it more of a level playing field for them. That year everyone thought they had the advantage. And on paper they probably did. But even that year, they didn't amount to much. But that wasn't due to a disadvantage.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
With the money these guys have I’m surprised they don’t have whole setups to switch out at this point.
Even the same blower and motor usually change over the off season. Heads up racing is very competitive. They are always trying to find any extra power and efficiency. So with the changes they have to start over with converters, testing on different surfaces, in different weather, altitudes, etc. So it is constant changes. So having a complete second power adder ans/or engine isn't not only expensive but a huge amount of work to dial it in

I don't know if half of them even have a spare engine, trans, and power adder in tbe trailer. A complete second combo would be for those who hate money. Haha

I think most of them that have different combos in their NPK and Cash Days cars struggle to do well. Many guys are running the same combo as team members so they can share data. Lots of money up for grab. Any advantage you can get is worth it

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I'm sure some of them have spares of everything, might be sharing them.

They are running high 3's and that's hard on parts.

I don't know that these racers are changing converters all the time but I'm sure they have a handle on using dump valves and other tuning aids.

I'm guessing NPK has it's own travelling guys who do the prep or at least oversee it.

Thread Info