🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Another article hinting that the market is starting to cool down a little. Not sure if mortgage applications are down because demand has dropped off, or because there are more cash buyers. A lot of people stashed away money in the last 15 months by working from home and not going anywhere.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ive also read that a lot of big corpos are buying houses as well. Most likely cause they want to turn our entire lives into a subscription plan and we do not own anything.

Sorry, my Tin Foil hat is showing. :rofl:

FWIW, got beat out on 2 bids so far with us going 10K over each time.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
This place is interesting. Someone converted or started converting an old church into a house. It has an attached 49' x 23' garage with 13' ceiling.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Has anyone here used Better Mortgage (better.com)?

I did some shopping on my own for mortgage rates and came across their website. I went ahead and put in a pre-approval request. Their interest rates seem to be slightly lower than anywhere else I've looked. They also have an option to pay some of the interest up front, in exchange for a lower monthly rate. PMI is dirt cheap also. In my case, I was quoted at $34 per month PMI, where other estimates I've had in the last year would have been $120+ per month for PMI.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
And mortgage sold before you even make your first payment.

giphy.gif

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Has anyone here used Better Mortgage (better.com)?

I did some shopping on my own for mortgage rates and came across their website. I went ahead and put in a pre-approval request. Their interest rates seem to be slightly lower than anywhere else I've looked. They also have an option to pay some of the interest up front, in exchange for a lower monthly rate. PMI is dirt cheap also. In my case, I was quoted at $34 per month PMI, where other estimates I've had in the last year would have been $120+ per month for PMI.
I used their quote to negotiate with other lenders. Got Quicket/Rocket to rate match and lower the costs.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Once we got past inspection I felt a ton of relief.

Im feeling the same way right now. I know we were told August 15th is the 6 month anniversary of my wifes job and that was needed for work history, so I am a little worried about that, but I think we should be ok since closing is scheduled for end of August right now.

Thread Info