1601652454044.png

i dont know that i love how you get to the master bedroom

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
for this direct area id be more tempted to rehab another house. i think the money currently makes more sense still around here

i get it that NWI is fucking nuts right now though and building can make sense
It's nuts whether you build or buy, i've just accepted it. You pay a premium to build a quality house the way you want it, financially you're wayyy better off rehabbing. Only way to come out ahead financially if you build is to GC it yourself, or use cheaper materials than comparable existing homes (obviously not good in the long term)

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was nervous AF paying what we did for our lot, but if someone offered me $30k more today than what I paid, I still wouldn't sell it. Too many of the developments going up have cookie cutter garbage mixed in or surroundingthem, and if you build on open land outside of any development you'll have the beverly hillbillies bordering your property line so your house won't be worth shit when it's done

so i know of a lot that was listed 4-5 years ago and isn't right now and never sold... and i think i could get ahold of them and snatch it reasonably

then battle permits and septic and bullshit and i dont wanna do that :rofl:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
FirstWorldProblems N20GT you mentioned monster formal dining room, is it weird i dont care about that :rofl:
We won't have a "formal" dining room, it's an open nook right off the kitchen that overlooks the back yard,

I'm not a boomer, I only need one place to eat. Prob end up eating at the island most of the time anyways

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
We won't have a "formal" dining room, it's an open nook right off the kitchen that overlooks the back yard,

I'm not a boomer, I only need one place to eat. Prob end up eating at the island most of the time anyways

my house is small, like ~1600-1700 sq feet, with no basement, small.

when we did our reno though we did a 4x8' island (no sink/cooktop in it cuz i dont like that) and it's legit our favorite.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Granted. That'll happen to whatever room is next to the bathroom but I guess you're more cognizant of not tracking water into the bedroom versus just walking straight into the closet because fuck it, it's only the closet.

Idk, some of these layouts start great but then the closer you look, you realize the dumb shit they add.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
You have to walk through a bathroom to get into the "family choice room"

actually stupid

Walk through the pantry to get to the dining room? So now you're banging elbows trying to bring the thanksgiving turkey through?

galaxybrain design

Shared upstairs bathroom looks like a fucking haunted house maze and the "south" room has to walk in front of everyone if they forgot shitter paper/towels.

stupid as fuck

imout.gif

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious

Thread Info