• 💡Did you know you could subscribe to threads with email alerts without being a member? Simply hit the button at the bottom of a thread you find interesting, and you're good to go. No longer wish to receive emails? Go back to the thread and remove yourself (note: you may have to use the same device as previous).

🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
this is why chain prices are going dumb

1800 sq foot house on lake elizabeth twin lakes for a milli on a 9,000 square foot lot.

k
The house is just as wide as the lot. thats a shed in an alley.

1715365073769.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
What's sad is that's actually not a bad deal for where you're at and accounting for today's completely fucked up prices. Some Commiefornian will shell out a briefcase of cash and buy that without hesitation.

i think that's what happened someone bought it for 950k last june so im betting crystal lake wasn't quite woke enough for that commiefornian so back on the market it goes.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Duh, that's the fucking Schafer house, Schafer Builders. I knew that looked super familiar.

20232023R0014107Warranty Deed6/8/2023ERIC S SCHROEDERCHRISTOPHER T SERGEL III AMY L SERGEL$950,000.00$0.00$950,000.00
20142014R0022148Trustees Deed6/16/2014SYLVIA LEE SCHAFER TRSJILL J SCHROEDER$585,000.00$0.00$585,000.00
199797008359Deed2/24/1997MOODY,W C & OBRIEN MOODY,RSCHAFER, WILLIAM F/SYLVIA L$261,900.00$0.00$261,900.00

The list of owners is literally just a who's who of Crystal Lake/McHenry county CEOs. :rofl:

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Rent Free Rent Free

why is there money in west fargo

Fargo is getting to be Silicon Valley of the Midwest. There are a bunch of big software companies there. Microsoft has a huge building there too. Its easily the biggest city in ND and plenty of money around.

West Fargo also has 2 Massive hospitals Stanford and Essentia Health. Im sure theres some money there. Fargo has some Crypto farm money too.

NDSU School is pretty big aka Bison Football. Im sure that school brings alot of money to the area.

Its also a shipping hub to Canada for freight. Next to the Armory are 3 millions of square feet warehouses that are brand new. 1 is Amazons of course.

Sugar beet farmin is all between Fargo and the Canada border thats called black gold for a reason. Tons of millionaire farmers. Seeing kids getting dropped off to hockey practice in Merc SUVs and Brand new Escalades and even a few in RVs isnt uncommon.

Hell few months back I was up there for Drill and saw some dude rockin a lifted Dakar 911 Porsche on snow tires.

I instantly thought WTF Fargo of all places was 1st time Id seen one and yet there is a local Porsche Audi Merc dealer too. Valley Imports.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Fargo is getting to be Silicon Valley of the Midwest. There are a bunch of big software companies there. Microsoft has a huge building there too. Its easily the biggest city in ND and plenty of money around.

West Fargo also has 2 Massive hospitals Stanford and Essentia Health. Im sure theres some money there. Fargo has some Crypto farm money too.

NDSU School is pretty big aka Bison Football. Im sure that school brings alot of money to the area.

Its also a shipping hub to Canada for freight. Next to the Armory are 3 millions of square feet warehouses that are brand new. 1 is Amazons of course.

Sugar beet farmin is all between Fargo and the Canada border thats called black gold for a reason. Tons of millionaire farmers. Seeing kids getting dropped off to hockey practice in Merc SUVs and Brand new Escalades and even a few in RVs isnt uncommon.

Hell few months back I was up there for Drill and saw some dude rockin a lifted Dakar 911 Porsche on snow tires.

I instantly thought WTF Fargo of all places was 1st time Id seen one and yet there is a local Porsche Audi Merc dealer too. Valley Imports.
Yup there was some stupid money in Fargo the few times I had to visit for work. You wouldn't really notice it though until you sit down for dinner with some of the locals and they start telling you about their hobbies, vacations, etc.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Was in the wrong thread. WOOPS

1716398921613.png

Something something rip off the bandaid and just do it. We need to figure out financial stuff. I'm very confident the VA will require having the house paid off before we scrape this existing one off the foundation. Think that's going to be our biggest stopping point right now.

I also keep telling Megan, this is our 5+ year plan that we're 2 years into. So she thought 2 years before build would get us there and these guys are telling us "oh yeah we could have it done by Christmas." So she's starting to feel like we got a bit ahead of ourselves.

Thread Info