🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
the market is fuckin interesting locally lately.

absolute horseshit for inventory, and if something half decent gets listed it's contingent in a weekend.

example-

decent 4+ bedroom listings in my area are basically nonexistent

other areas i follow, just over the border, further up north, then some random ky/tn areas, they don't seem too hardcore in this aspect- seeing some price drops on shit that last year over the border in wisco would have gone for over asking now, sitting and dropping in price.

this house last year- $600+ for sure. now was listed at 550 just dropped to 530.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The lack of inventory is going to keep prices consistent at best, if not continue growing. I still have a lot of buyers and sellers waiting to see what the economy and housing market does but I really don't see anything changing other than interests rates going up.

it's just weird because again, it seems chicagoland/burbs, this is happening, elsewhere, decent inventory, prices even dropping- case in point- that pleasant prairie house i posted.

Five-0

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
it's just weird because again, it seems chicagoland/burbs, this is happening, elsewhere, decent inventory, prices even dropping- case in point- that pleasant prairie house i posted.
Fair point, my focus is on the Chicagoland area since that's where I work. I do have some past clients struggling with inventory issues after moving out of state without anything locked in before hand. Going to be an interesting year.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Fair point, my focus is on the Chicagoland area since that's where I work. I do have some past clients struggling with inventory issues after moving out of state without anything locked in before hand. Going to be an interesting year.

it seems where people flocked to- and their markets went batshit- are changing much much much quicker than ours, which is kinda expected when i type it out :rofl:

Reactions: Five-0

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
it seems where people flocked to- and their markets went batshit- are changing much much much quicker than ours, which is kinda expected when i type it out :rofl:
Nationwide we finally saw our first year over year decline of 1.2% in Feb...meanwhile in the same month Florida was up 4.9% YOY :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Five-0 and Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nationwide we finally saw our first year over year decline of 1.2% in Feb...meanwhile in the same month Florida was up 4.9% YOY :ROFLMAO:

that's just pricing though, of course it's going to be up with that lack of inventory.

look at that drop
1679318758550.png

1679318769217.png

1679318848078.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
well yeah everyone knew transaction volumes were going to plummet

The doom-and-gloomers on here thought mortgage rates and prior home prices increases were going to result in home prices tanking...obv that has not materialized at all (and likely won't)

you see that pleasant prairie chart :rofl:

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

Made a craigslist deal at this house a few years ago. 2019 or 2020. It was rundown, overgrown, and junk everywhere. It looked like a junkyard outside. I am really not sure what was going on. Maybe a forclosure? I looked at google maps to make sure I was thinking of the same house and sure enough, all the junk can be seen outside. It was sad to see such a nice house in that state but it looks like someone cleaned it up nicely.

1680534062849.png

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.

what

the

fucking

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Weird.. the entire house and others around it are completely surrounded by a flood zone. ??

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

Bruuuuuuuuuhh

Imagine how many steps you'd get in living in this place lol. Someone is losing their ass on this

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Wifey and I just locked this one up. Pending inspection and all the usual bullshit this'll become the new hillbilly shenanigans HQ.

I can't wait to see mf faces when I roll through with the downpipe open on the C10.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Wifey and I just locked this one up. Pending inspection and all the usual bullshit this'll become the new hillbilly shenanigans HQ.

I can't wait to see mf faces when I roll through with the downpipe open on the C10.
Congrats!
Tennis court and pool on your property?

Reactions: Jon01

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
700k in IOWA?! Congrats but… fuck dude.
Thanks!
Yeah, big pill to swallow but look at the houses around it. This house is in the middle of the market out there.

Congrats!
Tennis court and pool on your property?

Thanks!
Pool, courts, stocked ponds etc are all part of the association and shared amongst the probably 50 houses out there.
I plan on using the pool to swim some laps in and add content to the creeper thread.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
That mortgage fee that was supposed to go into place on May 1st got scrapped. I'm glad the politicians came to their senses and listened for once.

Thread Info