🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I think it was Jeffs FRC Jeffs FRC that I mentioned this to in this thread. My guy had that home built where you might have been looking in Algonquin. He never moved in and listed it trying to make $100K. I’m pretty sure he paid $675k, it just went contingent for $740k. Realtor is getting 3% not sure about any other costs associated with selling. Probably walks away with $50k profit?

He paid cash, so he will be sitting on a nice chunk of change. He is going to buy a nice ass house in PR and use it for Airbnb then invest in rental properties locally.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I think it was Jeffs FRC Jeffs FRC that I mentioned this to in this thread. My guy had that home built where you might have been looking in Algonquin. He never moved in and listed it trying to make $100K. I’m pretty sure he paid $675k, it just went contingent for $740k. Realtor is getting 3% not sure about any other costs associated with selling. Probably walks away with $50k profit?

He paid cash, so he will be sitting on a nice chunk of change. He is going to buy a nice ass house in PR and use it for Airbnb then invest in rental properties locally.

Dude it’s crazy there, especially having the “public” golf club there and Boulder Ridge across the street. Your buddy’s place is on the other side of that 55+ subdivision behind Jacob’s high school. My parents bought a house almost directly behind Jacob’s around 2014. They paid ~180k at the time and thought that was overpriced-ish. Since 2021, that whole area blew the fuck up and all of the suburbia cookie cutter 55+ houses around my parents are now going for 450-500+. Not to mention custom homes like your buddy’s.

It’s absolutely buttfucking insanity.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL

Yep that’s the subdivision we looked at. Felt it was way too much for what you got. That house is nice, but $750k nice? Nah

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

holy FUCK

1678900360494.png

1678900370165.png

• Wow
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
View attachment 155161

I look at this photo here and I think to myself what kind of a track i could build on my land.
One of the houses we looked at (the house we lowballed in Waupaca) first thing I thought of. "Wonder how long and twisty of a track I could make for Owen and I..."

Now with double the acreage of that house, my thoughts go fuckin wild.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Almost half a million for 5 acres and has been for sale since 2018.

Bought in 2008 for 1.4 million :rofl:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Good friend just bought the lot next door to me. 1.4 acres, the people that owned it previously kept waffling back and forth on what to do with it. They paid around 150k a couple years ago and listed it 3 different times for 200k which I thought was asinine. My friend & the lot owner agreed on a price....and it appraised for 20k higher than the purchase price :oops: I've never heard of a lot appraising out significantly above the contract price.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Oh and they posted the subdivision layout for the development that's going in right behind my old house. Red squiggles are where my old house was, the big red oval is all $600k+ houses that were built in the last 5-7 years.

Every one of these homes being built will be cookie cutter garbage, most will be all siding. Sucks bad for the people that just paid a premium to move there in the last ~5 years.

It's also really weird that the "existing homestead" shown on the left of this map is still there. That's the people that farmed this land, old house and barn. Why wouldn't you just sell that at a premium to the developer? You really want to be surrounded by a 2 year construction project then a bunch of traffic and shoddy houses?

1679067434684.png

• Wow
Reactions: DEEZUZ

Thread Info