Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Sony is getting in on the act. The company is bumping up the annual prices of all three PlayStation Plus plans on September 6th.

An annual Essential subscription will soon cost $80 per year, up from $60. The Extra plan is going up by $35 to $135 per year, while an annual Premium plan will soon cost $40 more at $160. The price changes won't take effect for current PS Plus users on an annual plan until their next renewal date that's on or after November 6th. If you make any changes to your plan between September 6th and then (such as changing tiers), the new pricing will apply.

Sony has not announced changes to the monthly ($10 for Essential, $15 for Extra and $18 for Premium) or quarterly ($25 for Essential, $40 for Extra and $50 for Premium) for the time being. It notes that the annual plan is still less expensive than a monthly or quarterly subscription in the long run.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Sony pissed me off recently... They charged my card $65 for that stupid essential plan, even after i shut off the automatic subscription renewal. Never subscribed to that crap. I usually get those things through a guy for $30 and just put it on every year. I disputed the charge with my credit card and they sided with me, so sony banned my account till i repay the $65 to them.... I ended up just giving them the money since i like my name and dont want to lose any of my saved game data and content. lol

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Sony pissed me off recently... They charged my card $65 for that stupid essential plan, even after i shut off the automatic subscription renewal. Never subscribed to that crap. I usually get those things through a guy for $30 and just put it on every year. I disputed the charge with my credit card and they sided with me, so sony banned my account till i repay the $65 to them.... I ended up just giving them the money since i like my name and dont want to lose any of my saved game data and content. lol
Now what you should do is (if you have screenshots or an email stating you turned off auto renewal), file a complaint with the AG office and force Sony to pay you back. Lol. Just not sure if they'll try banning you again though.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Now what you should do is (if you have screenshots or an email stating you turned off auto renewal), file a complaint with the AG office and force Sony to pay you back. Lol. Just not sure if they'll try banning you again though.
It's $65, it aint worth the time or the hassle.... They know this too, and most people wouldn't waste their time with it, so that's probably why they do it.

They're losing a ton of money through third party people selling their PSN subscriptions at half the price they are, so they do fraudulent things like this. Happens with businesses all the time.

Reactions: importcrew

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
There’s no change in price for the standard PlayStation 5 model. The redesigned PS5 will launch next month for $499.99. But the PS5 Digital Edition is getting a price increase as part of the refresh; the disc-less version of the PS5 will cost $449.99 at launch. (The original PS5 Digital Edition launched at $399 back in 2020.)

Here’s how pricing breaks down in the U.S., Europe, U.K., and Japan:

U.S.

• PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – $499.99
  • PS5 Digital Edition – $449.99

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
1697033781884.png

Side by side comparison

Thread Info