Gaming Official Playstation Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
and did a few laps of le mans in a 787B. And I could not wipe the grin off my face the entire time. The interiors look SO good. You really feel like you can reach out and touch the buttons, all the switches look fantastic, you can read all the writing, and just being able to look around at everything while you're driving. its actually a HUGE distraction :ROFLMAO:

But even this is making it worth the price of admission so far

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
and just did some laps at laguna in an 02 viper gts. going thru the corkscrew for the first time is truly an "oh shit" moment :ROFLMAO: and I even said that out loud. I mean it really is like driving these tracks for the very first time all over again. and seeing that big viper hood stretching out in front me the whole time. fucking hell

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
tried big willow in my modded ZL1. something just aint right w/ that car, I felt like i was sitting WAY too far back, and my arms and legs made me feel like i was fucking slenderman or some shit. couldnt get into it w/ that car. But I did take my F50 to Monza at sunset. Oh man. the way the sunlight reflects off the dash and the way it gets into your eyes, you just cannot fully appreciate it until it is literally right in your face :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Needed some retail therapy today so I went out and joined the cool kids club. This should keep me from blowin money on the cars for a bit.
Snapchat-153081413.jpg

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
It was like 30 bucks and my little man liked the older PS4 version so I couldn't say no but I haven't started playing it either. Put a couple hours in on the ff7 game tonight and there is a pretty big graphics difference but I think some of it is having a better TV than before too. This thing takes up some serious real estate on the TV stand to make up for it though ?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Just popped the headset on to watch the opening scene of dark knight rises (the plane hijack) in cinematic mode.

The good: you can output 120hz and HDR to the headset even if your tv doesnt support it. And when you max out the screen size it looks AMAZING and is the next best thing to actually sitting in a theater w/ plebs.

The bad (and this is really bad): You can only output audio to the earbuds (and maybe the headphones, I havent tried mine yet) And its OK............but if you actually have a good surround system, its just not the same. I've been reading people saying it is possible to output sound thru your receiver when you have the headset on, but I haven't found anyone actually explaining HOW to do it yet. There is no simple menu setting, if you do bring up the audio menu and select output, it only shows the VR2 earbuds.

So, it looks like that option is out, unless that gets figured out. Dear Sony, please change this.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Just popped the headset on to watch the opening scene of dark knight rises (the plane hijack) in cinematic mode.

The good: you can output 120hz and HDR to the headset even if your tv doesnt support it. And when you max out the screen size it looks AMAZING and is the next best thing to actually sitting in a theater w/ plebs.

The bad (and this is really bad): You can only output audio to the earbuds (and maybe the headphones, I havent tried mine yet) And its OK............but if you actually have a good surround system, its just not the same. I've been reading people saying it is possible to output sound thru your receiver when you have the headset on, but I haven't found anyone actually explaining HOW to do it yet. There is no simple menu setting, if you do bring up the audio menu and select output, it only shows the VR2 earbuds.

So, it looks like that option is out, unless that gets figured out. Dear Sony, please change this.
Here's Linus reviewing the vr2.

Besides the ear buds, you can use the pulse 3d headset or a Bluetooth headset.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
GT7 with a wheel, pedals, and VR is an unreal experience. Actually made my stomach turn upside down on a huge dip in the track.

Mind blowing and insanely fun!!

THIS. GT7 alone makes the VR2 worth it. Its just unreal how different everything is, even when you've been driving a track 1000's of times and think you know it in and out........put on that VR headset and its like driving for the first time again

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
THIS. GT7 alone makes the VR2 worth it. Its just unreal how different everything is, even when you've been driving a track 1000's of times and think you know it in and out........put on that VR headset and its like driving for the first time again

It's actually useful too, as you can use your mirrors around the track. Also makes it so much easier to take the turns more accurately.

Hands down makes the purchase worth it. Excited to see what other games end up coming out.

Reactions: IDAFC21

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
So I never really got around to messing with settings on the PS5 til I decided to transfer my data from my PS4 (which did so flawlessly yet slowly over wifi once I updated both of them and users matching ssids to connect). But I discovered some things. Firstly you can play your old games no problem, some of them have free upgrades to the PS5 version. Some of them are another 10 bucks. I'm undecided as to whether it's worth it but I have my doubts I'll put anymore money into things I'm already bored with. Also I figured out you can use the PS4 to remote play the PS5 in another room which is awesome because I moved the PS5 into the bedroom and left the PS4 in the living room for the kids. Remote play didn't used to be terrible when I tried it on my laptop with ps4 so if it'll handle double duty and I can play what I want to where I want to that's even better.

Been more or less whacking away at legendaries in the dlcs of tiny Tina's wonderlands but I may give God of war new game plus a spin at some point soon.

Reactions: IDAFC21

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
It seemed pretty clear that it wouldn't transfer from a SSD during the process. Now as to whether you can just unplug it and plug it into the PS5 I don't know. I have a friend that keeps telling me I need to get an external for mine but I usually just delete stuff I don't play and go on with life.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Is there a way to transfer game data thats saved from ps4 on a USB jump drive to the PS5? I never did the wifi transfer. I see stuff online all over, but none of its clear. I got data files for some saved games id like to start up again that i never finished.
Don’t know if you can do that, but if you have plus, you can save your saved games to the cloud and then download to ps5

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I wonder how much of that correlates to when the big proprietary games came out and people buying consoles just for that game but I'm not gonna go into full on adhd mode to figure it out ?

PS5 would've dominated if it wasn't for the stock issues though. Xbox 360 was better than PS3 and kids play Nintendo and Mario kart so it all seems pretty on par as I remember it.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Thread Info