Gaming Official Playstation Thread

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I had no issues with my Astros. I had the transceiver hooked up to the back usb port and the headphones charge from the front. I'd set the ps in rest mode and never had an issue. Only had an issue with my headphones breaking (mic doesn't work anymore). So now I have the Sony Pulse 3D or whatever they're called.
I read about the front USB, I’m going to switch the USB that goes to the headphone base to the front before I do anything. I know it worked on the PS4, I’ll see if it works on the 5.

Reactions: importcrew

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

Thats w/out the heatsink, so if you spent a little more you could get something like this like I did

But there actually are cheaper PS5 specific heat sinks than this out there that are that same design.

Or you can opt for the model w/ the heatsink preinstalled, and thats only $10 more right now

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I mean that one works, you'll just need a heatsink to go with it, which, My own personal opinion, I think its better to get the one w/out the heatsink preinstalled so you can buy a PS5 specific heatsink like the one I linked.

I have no data to back it up, but it just feels like it makes more sense to me that way.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Get one with a heat sink already on it, from the manufacturer. If there is a warranty issue it’ll be easier to deal with.

If it were going in a computer, maybe, but on the PS5 I just cant help but think even w/ a preinstalled heatsink, installing it into that SSD coffin inside the PS5 provides absolutely nowhere for the heat to go once its covered back up.

lDYhEFN.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Real question is where does the heat from the heat sink go in that small coffin?

I’m not saying don’t buy one, but heat is heat no matter where it is.

And thats why I got this heatsink. Pulls it out into the open airflow of the case, instead of trapping it inside.

KfEJuqi.jpg

Reactions: FESTER665 and Fish

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Preorders for PSVR2 go live tomorrow morning. I think they're only going to be open on Sonys site for now. I registered for an invite last week and that just came thru today w/ the preorder link. Gonna try and snag one tomorrow, buuuuuuuuut I'm certain bots will have them all snagged up in 0.0000034 seconds after it goes live.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Anyone have issues with ps5 or xbox connecting to a 5ghz wifi?
You have to manually switch from 2.4 to 5 in the settings when you do that, otherwise it wont connect. When you're in the "set up internet connection" menu, you have to hit the options button on your controller, and change the friquency band from 2.4 to 5.

Reactions: Fish

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You have to manually switch from 2.4 to 5 in the settings when you do that, otherwise it wont connect. When you're in the "set up internet connection" menu, you have to hit the options button on your controller, and change the friquency band from 2.4 to 5.

This. My 2.4 and 5 channels are the same SSID so I didnt realize that I was connected to the 2.4 channel and was getting pissed at speeds being crap. Manually switch to 5ghz and everything is all good.

Thread Info