Gaming Official Playstation Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
If the fancy new controller doesnt succumb to stick drift it would almost be worth it just for that. THATS the more unforgivable aspect of ps4/ps5 controllers than its horrible battery life. Made the mistake of accidentally pulling out an old controller the other day that has it, and its basically unusable.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I like to think I keep my controllers cleaner than a child :LOL: and I have tried different methods of "cleaning" the sticks, blowing thru them w/ compressed air, rotating them in certain directions, nothing has ever cured it. Never tried dumping alcohol on them tho. When I pour alcohol in me it makes me feel better...why not a controller

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I like to think I keep my controllers cleaner than a child :LOL: and I have tried different methods of "cleaning" the sticks, blowing thru them w/ compressed air, rotating them in certain directions, nothing has ever cured it. Never tried dumping alcohol on them tho. When I pour alcohol in me it makes me feel better...why not a controller

I used the spray alcohol, so its got that compressed air/alcohol combo while moving the sticks around. I did it with the sticks facing down so excess would still leak out along with crap that could be lodged inside. I know some people think its scary, but alcohol evaporates very damn fast, and if you let it dry, nothing bad SHOULD happen to your device.

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
IDAFC21 IDAFC21

Man, my ps4 still cranks.

Do i really need a ps5?

I'm surprised there is not already a COD or Battlefield game I can't play on the ps4
If you still have older TV, probably not. We are starting to get to that point where some games are only being made for the "new" gen systems, but I think at this point you can still get MOST games on both gens

• Love
Reactions: Spivitz

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I used the spray alcohol, so its got that compressed air/alcohol combo while moving the sticks around. I did it with the sticks facing down so excess would still leak out along with crap that could be lodged inside. I know some people think its scary, but alcohol evaporates very damn fast, and if you let it dry, nothing bad SHOULD happen to your device.
Might have to check that shit out. Got nothing to lose really. Oh no! The controller I already can't play with is ruined for good now? OH WELL

Reactions: Fish

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
If you still have older TV, probably not. We are starting to get to that point where some games are only being made for the "new" gen systems, but I think at this point you can still get MOST games on both gens

Thank you, my wife appreciates your response because I would had put myself on an invitation list on Amazon right now if you sold me on the 5

:rofl:

TV is new, 2021 Samsung but
NFG

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Looks like B&H has a decent deal on a Crucial 2 TB that would be perfect for the PS5. Listed at 250, but there's an $80 off coupon thats applied in the cart that brings it down to $180. Thats not bad for 2 TB. Looks like the deal is only live for a few more hours tho

Don't know much about Crucial drives, but it should be enough for PS5 games.

• 2TB Storage Capacity
  • Works with PlayStation 5
  • M.2 2280 Form Factor
  • PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe Interface
  • Sequential Write Speeds up to 5000 MB/s
  • Sequential Read Speeds up to 6600 MB/s
  • 2 Million Hour MTTF
  • Up to 1200TB TBW (Total Bytes Written)
  • SMART and TRIM Support
  • TCG OPAL 2.0 Encryption

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Just purchase more storage:
1666645254352.png

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Forbidden West is installing.

After finishing up GOW, I'm seriously considering going back to the first horizon now and replaying that as well. Thats another one I never got all the way thru, and I did enjoy that game when I was playing it. But Ragnarok is like what...2 weeks away now? No way I finish up horizon before ragnarok comes out, and then I'd just abandon it again.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
After finishing up GOW, I'm seriously considering going back to the first horizon now and replaying that as well. Thats another one I never got all the way thru, and I did enjoy that game when I was playing it. But Ragnarok is like what...2 weeks away now? No way I finish up horizon before ragnarok comes out, and then I'd just abandon it again.

Unless you do nothing else but play the game.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Forbidden West is installing.
Put in maybe an hour? Game is gorgeous, even on performance mode. And the basically complete lack of any loading beyond the initial launch screen is wild. Playing on story mode, which is basically the easiest way to play but I prefer to just explore and enjoy the world rather than get pissed off fighting and dying a lot.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Put in maybe an hour? Game is gorgeous, even on performance mode. And the basically complete lack of any loading beyond the initial launch screen is wild. Playing on story mode, which is basically the easiest way to play but I prefer to just explore and enjoy the world rather than get pissed off fighting and dying a lot.
The story, characters, and visuals are fantastic. It’s an amazing game.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

did you ever beat the first one?

Thread Info