Gaming Official Playstation Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
i know......... Its just an open world thing. I love them to a point, and then I just stop playing them and never go back. Except for a select few games. Also depends on what other games come out around that time as well. I was playing the shit out far cry 6 and enjoying it......and then forza came out.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
i know......... Its just an open world thing. I love them to a point, and then I just stop playing them and never go back. Except for a select few games. Also depends on what other games come out around that time as well. I was playing the shit out far cry 6 and enjoying it......and then forza came out.
I'm the same way. Bought Far Cry 6 for something my wife and I can enjoy while the kids are gone. I played the first few missions and haven't played since.

I'm looking forward to the ps vr2. That and Horizon, and Gran Turismo.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I really was enjoying FC6. I do wanna go back........but horizon has its hooks in me. Need to get myself back in a schedule where I just play horizon during the week for an hour or so a night, and then save the weekends for the bigger games where I can sit and play for hours.......but.....all I wanna do is play horizon right now :LOL:

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
So I just ordered one of these. I might keep it, might flip it I'm not sure yet.

How is backwards compatibility on these? Will our PS4 games and controllers work on it? Can I transfer all my data from the PS4 or will I need to redownload everything? Will these upscale some games like Series X does?

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
So I just ordered one of these. I might keep it, might flip it I'm not sure yet.

How is backwards compatibility on these? Will our PS4 games and controllers work on it? Can I transfer all my data from the PS4 or will I need to redownload everything? Will these upscale some games like Series X does?
Not sure on controller but you don’t want the PS4 controller. PS5 is so much better imo. Yes you can do all the PS4 games on PS5. There is a way to transfer your shit.

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Not sure on controller but you don’t want the PS4 controller. PS5 is so much better imo. Yes you can do all the PS4 games on PS5. There is a way to transfer your shit.
I'm sure you're right about the controller, but I own so many PS4 controllers it will be nice to use them until they are replaced.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I'm sure you're right about the controller, but I own so many PS4 controllers it will be nice to use them until they are replaced.
Well it will come with one controller anyways, but like I said I’m not sure if the 4 will work with the 5. I would think so, you just won’t get the full effect of the games with the 4 controller.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Actually just checked. They will work for PS4 games, but not ps5 games.

Damn. I should really start using my PS4 controllers then to play Street Fighter instead of my fresh PS5 controller. Dpads wear out fast playing this game. :rofl: Ive had to buy a few PS4 replacements and even tried replacing the Dpad connectors and its just a temp fix.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Good news, one more month til you guys get to turn your ps5 on for the first time this year to play horizon! Make sure to get all that dust off the ps5 so it doesn’t overheat. Until then…

1642611910790.png

• Haha
Reactions: Mook

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Unless GT7 is a pile of shit, Ill try and hunt for one in March or April.

GT7 is what I'm really waiting for at this point. Have a few games to play soon on my PS5, but really just waiting for some new games to come out that we can play as our group on weekends.

Dont play much other than getting online on the weekends to play with my friends honestly.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Im confused. Does my PS5 identify as not being used even though its used 3-5 times a week to play games?

Also confused, what does stock prices for Sony mean for PS5? Is PS5 the only thing Sony does? I mean, I can show a lot of stocks that look like that. Does that mean those companies suck?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Im confused. Does my PS5 identify as not being used even though its used 3-5 times a week to play games?

Also confused, what does stock prices for Sony mean for PS5? Is PS5 the only thing Sony does? I mean, I can show a lot of stocks that look like that. Does that mean those companies suck?
The gaming division mostly props up Sony. Most of their other business divisions lose money, or are barely afloat. The stock price indicates that shareholders aren’t exactly confident with PlayStations strategic position and vision moving forward, and can you blame them?

And yes, you may be playing your ps5, but there’s no doubt you’re playing old games considering nothing of interest has released in many months. The last game to release that was ps5 exclusive that was decent was Ratchet and Clank, with a 6 hour campaign. Playing old games is something xbox was constantly criticized for last gen.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Im so backlogged from months of not being able to play its not even funny. :rofl:

Stocks go up and down due to no reasons that are controlled by the company very often. Whats this? MS bought a prominent game developer and its making huge news? That must mean Sony sucks. SELL THE STOOOOCK!!!

:dunno: I guess I fell out of love with the console war thing.

Plus I need to reply some games since I now have a 4K TV w/HDR so I gotta see what the dealio is. I could tell easily with Death Stranding, so I can only assume I will shit my pants more with TLoU2, think both Spidermans will look even better, and still have to play Ghosts of Tsushima.

Hell I still have PS4 games I havent opened. I are terrible gamer lately.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Regardless of how good Sonys exclusives are, COD still sells considerably more units. Each COD sale provides Sony with 30% revenue from each game. Tether that with the likelihood that COD goes exclusive to msoft, there will be a giant hit to ps5 sales and further revenue drops.

This doesn’t even cover the fact that Sony has zero answers for game pass or xcloud.

Thread Info