Gaming Official Playstation Thread

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
If I did that there would probably be a glowing hole in ground where its melted thru :LOL:
My winter routine is wake up at 0430, grab my coffee, turn the ps5 on, catch up on shows, and play whatever game until my daughters wake up (or I have to get them up for e-learning). Then I'll let the youngest watch her shows. Most of the time it's on the ps5 and sometimes just using the roku.

As for noise and artifacting, I personally haven't had those issues. Mine is quiet, and haven't had gpu issues. *knock on wood*. I will continue to play and use my console as I do so now. Hopefully it lasts. :io:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Starting to feel better that I didn't get one of these first release consoles.....
Xbox seems very well designed. I can’t hear mine when it’s on even when I’m right next to it. I’m a little disappointed it isn’t performing better out of the gate but they have the latest chip from AMD and apparently the devs haven’t had time to optimize for it. Within a few years I think the design simplicity will shine along with the advanced attributes of the rdna 2.0 chipset.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Looks like a new system update rolled out last night. Doesnt exactly do much tho besides the usual Sony tried and true "improves system performance"

• This system software update improves system performance.
  • An issue where installed disc versions of games were sometimes deleted was resolved.
  • An issue that prevented the PS5 wireless controller from being charged while in rest mode when connected to the PS5's front side USB Type-A port using the USB cable included with some PS5 consoles was resolved.

I did experience the charging thing on mine where it wasnt charging the controller in rest mode, but I didnt know that disc versions of games were being randomly deleted... Only disc game I have on mine so far is Miles and it hasnt happened to me. At least they're rolling stuff out tho

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Looks like a new system update rolled out last night. Doesnt exactly do much tho besides the usual Sony tried and true "improves system performance"

I did experience the charging thing on mine where it wasnt charging the controller in rest mode, but I didnt know that disc versions of games were being randomly deleted... Only disc game I have on mine so far is Miles and it hasnt happened to me. At least they're rolling stuff out tho
Haven't experienced any of that. I did pop in gta v and installed it last night. Went to play this morning and I don't have a saved game. Not sure if it got deleted. So now I have to check my ps4 again and grab a copy of that save and transfer it again.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

Gotta fix as many bugs as possible before the Christmas morning rush of systems logging on.

As was mentioned, it sounds like I am good to wait for some changes and fixes to be made.

At the same time, I have a launch day PS4 and the thing has been rock solid for me, so who knows.

I also only game 2 or 3 times a week at the most if I had to guess.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Ha! I'm still on my launch day PS4 too! Also no issues, and I've had to take it apart to get toys out of the disc drive that my toddler son pushed in there.

I swapped to a SSD like the first week I had it so Im not sure if that made any difference, but aside from unplugging it on occasion to blow it out, Ive done nothing and the thing just continues to run. :dunno:

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I had a launch PS4, then traded it in for a "launch" ps4 pro, which eventually i had to COMPLETELY disassemble to replace the laser assembly in the disc drive because it went out, and it was just never the same after that :LOL: It worked fine, but for whatever reason, it woke up the jet turbine fan in that thing. NEVER had a issue with fan noise in that thing before I took it apart. I tried everything, took it apart again and replaced thermal paste a couple times, even bought the newer fan they switched to that was SUPPOSED to be the quiet one, made no difference at all. It was completely unbearable. So it was about this time when spiderman was about to be released, and sony did a special spiderman ps4 pro edition, and I wanted to play spiderman anyways, so I just bought that and boxed up the turbine engine :LOL:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I had a launch PS4, then traded it in for a "launch" ps4 pro, which eventually i had to COMPLETELY disassemble to replace the laser assembly in the disc drive because it went out, and it was just never the same after that :LOL: It worked fine, but for whatever reason, it woke up the jet turbine fan in that thing. NEVER had a issue with fan noise in that thing before I took it apart. I tried everything, took it apart again and replaced thermal paste a couple times, even bought the newer fan they switched to that was SUPPOSED to be the quiet one, made no difference at all. It was completely unbearable. So it was about this time when spiderman was about to be released, and sony did a special spiderman ps4 pro edition, and I wanted to play spiderman anyways, so I just bought that and boxed up the turbine engine :LOL:
The only time my ps4 pro takes off with its jet engine is when I would play Cod.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
After beating miles morales, I really havent powered it up much :LOL: I did finally just start Valhalla over the weekend tho. Havent got too far in that yet
I'm taking a break from that. Ive still got so much to go :rofl: Definitely need to play now that they have the Yule event going on.

Its gorgeous tho, right? It looks much better when you're out of Norway.

Thread Info