📸 Photography Official post your pet thread

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
The “I stole the blanket” look. This dog absolutely hates being cold, unless there’s snow on the ground, then we literally have to drag him into the house.
IMG_3434.jpg

65746089272__8BF73145-6428-407D-ADBF-E31DE4FBD1B4.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I wonder if that is a Boxer thing. Our Boxer mix sounds very similar. Great face on your dog

It’s a boxer thing. Short hair, not a lot of fat, fast heart rate = HATES COLD.
My dog will linger outside and make us walk him in light to medium rain, will walk 1/2 mile in a semi squat position before he finds his “magical poop spot”, blazing heat doesn’t bother him much………temps get below 38° and he becomes a diva and won’t go outside other than to take a quick squirt. Then he remembers he needs to shit 15 minutes later and begs to go out again. Back in the house and he’ll hop on the couch and nose through the blanket until he’s covered.

My guy has a long snout but according to his papers he’s 100% boxer. We think there might be a little pit, lab or Sherman tank in him somewhere though. We could get a test to find out but my wife and I don’t care, he’s a great dog.

Reactions: Jon01 and SleeperLS

Rico

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Nov 25, 2020
This is our 60lb meatball, Benny, the English bulldog. He is almost 8 years old. He loves to eat, sleep, and cuddle. He is very protective of our two daughters when it comes to other dogs. I once brought him to the dog park in Sleepy Hollow and he would not leave my older daughter's side. A pitbull came up and started licking my daughter's face and Benny got up on his hind legs and tackled him to the ground. He is deceivingly athletic when he wants to be but will not go for long walks. If he recognizes the route we take he will lay down on the ground and force me to carry him home.

10613037_10203345022883706_1021000649541947564_n.jpg

PXL_20210814_195328073.PORTRAIT_2.jpg

PXL_20211125_212437620_2.jpg

MVIMG_20181130_193639.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
The “I stole the blanket” look. This dog absolutely hates being cold, unless there’s snow on the ground, then we literally have to drag him into the house.
View attachment 106044
View attachment 106045

Mine dog does the same shit, I swear you would think I don’t have the heat on in the house, but he’s just a little baby when it comes to temperature. :bowrofl:

4D44F0E7-7B73-414B-9887-2CCBA92ED373.jpeg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Maine coon.
That was my guess. But sometimes they don't always look like a Main Coon. The pattern, hair length, and tufts above the ears are hallmarks.

One of these days I'll adopt a big domestic cat. Main Coon, Ragamuffin, or Turkish Van. Turkish would probably be easier to care for being medium hair, where the other two breeds are usually Long hair breeds.

I need to give Shadow a bath, her coat is looking a bit oily and stringy.

Reactions: silver86

silver86

Regular
TCG Premium
May 15, 2012
That was my guess. But sometimes they don't always look like a Main Coon. The pattern, hair length, and tufts above the ears are hallmarks.

One of these days I'll adopt a big domestic cat. Main Coon, Ragamuffin, or Turkish Van. Turkish would probably be easier to care for being medium hair, where the other two breeds are usually Long hair breeds.

I need to give Shadow a bath, her coat is looking a bit oily and stringy.
Yeah, that first pic you can see the distinct face features IE: wide jaw and shape.

I got her from a breeder and have everything to register her, but since I'm not showing her, I don't see the need.

The long hair is definitely a challenge. Trying to manage mats and brush her can be tough.
It's the first long hair cat I've had. She's still a little temperamental so things like nail trimming is difficult as well. The gf works at an animal hospital so she just takes the cat and gets it done for me now.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Questions for cat owners. Come winter time we have a rat problem at our whse. Some big MFers but mostly on the small side. They have a service that comes out every couple of weeks to set traps and other shit. It helps to a point but not enough. I have about 2500 sq ft dedicated to full time storage for some very high end furniture dealers. Been thinking of adopting a cat or even getting a kitten to help combat this issue.

No the cat won’t be neglected or always alone. My whse is occupied 10hrs per day and a few hours on the weekends. The cat will be well taken care of and treated as a pet should be. No there are no rat traps or poison in my space or anywhere near where this cat will be.

Will a cat or kitten help or is that only for mice?

Do you have to train a cat to use a litter box or does it come natural?

Will a cat start pissing or spraying that nasty cat piss smell all over things?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Shawn1112 Shawn1112

If the cat is by itself you shouldn't have any issues with it marking its territory. For a litter box, get it set up, then set the cat in the box. It'll know exactly where to go next time. Might have to repeat once, or twice. But when I brought home the siblings they were ~10 weeks old and the first thing I did was set them in the littler box and they found it again themselves. Of course, it's a 1200sq ft house, not 2500, lol.

As for the mice part... well the best way for a cat to catch and kill the mouse is to basically really ration the cat's food, so it has to work for its meals. If you feed the cat, it'll just use the mouse as a toy. No doubt it'll catch it, but instead of killing it, it'll likely leave it at your door as a present for being such a good cat. Basically it is rewarding you for being such a good owner and caretaker. Barn cats are really good at catching mice because they are outdoor/barn cats and fend for themselves. Most of them are usually quite lean. My mom's cat was a barn cat. Weighed 7 1/2 lbs when she brought her home. In six months she was up to 13-14lbs, its breed's average weight.

My dad and stepmom have a half-chihuahua half-terrier and it fucking loves to go after mice. It'll camp out in front of cabinets for hours relentlessly, pulling out anything that is stored in it. Pots, pans, cast iron skillets, it gives no shits. If it is in her way, she's pulling it out. It's remarkable, but I guess that is where the rat terriers came from :ROFLMAO:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shawn1112 Shawn1112

If the cat is by itself you shouldn't have any issues with it marking its territory. For a litter box, get it set up, then set the cat in the box. It'll know exactly where to go next time. Might have to repeat once, or twice. But when I brought home the siblings they were ~10 weeks old and the first thing I did was set them in the littler box and they found it again themselves. Of course, it's a 1200sq ft house, not 2500, lol.

As for the mice part... well the best way for a cat to catch and kill the mouse is to basically really ration the cat's food, so it has to work for its meals. If you feed the cat, it'll just use the mouse as a toy. No doubt it'll catch it, but instead of killing it, it'll likely leave it at your door as a present for being such a good cat. Basically it is rewarding you for being such a good owner and caretaker. Barn cats are really good at catching mice because they are outdoor/barn cats and fend for themselves. Most of them are usually quite lean. My mom's cat was a barn cat. Weighed 7 1/2 lbs when she brought her home. In six months she was up to 13-14lbs, its breed's average weight.

My dad and stepmom have a half-chihuahua half-terrier and it fucking loves to go after mice. It'll camp out in front of cabinets for hours relentlessly, pulling out anything that is stored in it. Pots, pans, cast iron skillets, it gives no shits. If it is in her way, she's pulling it out. It's remarkable, but I guess that is where the rat terriers came from :ROFLMAO:
Mice arent the problem, we have rats lol. I'm not looking for the cat to kill the rats, but if he/she does its a bonus.
I'm just hoping maybe it will keep the rats away from my area on the floor I'm on.

Thread Info