Someone likes flavor blasted gold fish.
IMG_2694.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So took my oldest cat (1 week shy of 9 years) in for dental cleaning this AM. Elected to do the pre-dental EKG for like $60. Glad I did, they found he had a heart arrhythmia, he was high risk to have had a heart attack and likely would have died while under anesthesia.

Now have to get a cardiologist involved.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So took my oldest cat (1 week shy of 9 years) in for dental cleaning this AM. Elected to do the pre-dental EKG for like $60. Glad I did, they found he had a heart arrhythmia, he was high risk to have had a heart attack and likely would have died while under anesthesia.

Now have to get a cardiologist involved.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
So, trying to find a small animal cardiologist is a royal pain. Found one, but no new patient openings until October.

The vet suggested going to Veterinary Specialsts in Buffalo Grove and having him admitted via the ER, then transferred to cardiology. Average ER walk-in waiting is 5-6 hours. I managed to do an online “reserve a place in line” and got an 8am spot.

Turns out they no longer allow that suggested process.

After a few minutes of going back and forth they made an exception since I drove an hour and went off my vet’s suggestion.

So, sitting in their lot working off of 30 minutes of sleep deciding if I should wait here, which might be 8-9 hours, or go home and come back again.

So tired that my cognitive thinking is all foggy.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
It's tough emotionally dealing with this sort of thing.
These pets are like children to us and when they get sick, it's devastating.

Even after the emotional turmoil and pain of the loss of a pet, we still go and adopt another one.
I guess my rationale is that these shelter animals need good homes, so I must do my part.

Reactions: greasy

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
So, trying to find a small animal cardiologist is a royal pain. Found one, but no new patient openings until October.

The vet suggested going to Veterinary Specialsts in Buffalo Grove and having him admitted via the ER, then transferred to cardiology. Average ER walk-in waiting is 5-6 hours. I managed to do an online “reserve a place in line” and got an 8am spot.

Turns out they no longer allow that suggested process.

After a few minutes of going back and forth they made an exception since I drove an hour and went off my vet’s suggestion.

So, sitting in their lot working off of 30 minutes of sleep deciding if I should wait here, which might be 8-9 hours, or go home and come back again.

So tired that my cognitive thinking is all foggy.

Ihave to all them and cancel the appointment I had for my dog June 29th. Same thing, made an appointment weeks ago to see a neurologists, went through the ER instead but they didn’t help much. She had another terrible seizure this morning and I just got home from the vet after putting her down.

They said most likely they would’ve needed to do Catscans and MRIs to see how bad her likely brain tumor was, to the tune of $6,000’ish dollars.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Sorry to hear guys, it really does suck. I still find myself thinking of Ryno at least once a day and he has been gone months.

FESTER665 BADAZZTEALCOBRA
Hopefully your other dog gets over it. From what I have read, some dogs dont come out of that depression. Luckily ours did and it took her probably 6ish weeks. We have been taking her on long walks as thats her favorite and just showering her with attention.

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Sorry to hear guys, it really does suck. I still find myself thinking of Ryno at least once a day and he has been gone months.

FESTER665 BADAZZTEALCOBRA
Hopefully your other dog gets over it. From what I have read, some dogs dont come out of that depression. Luckily ours did and it took her probably 6ish weeks. We have been taking her on long walks as thats her favorite and just showering her with attention.

I’ll definitely be doing the same, just taking a few days to be in the dumps......

He doesn’t seem depressed, just can tell that I’m in the dumps so he’s just sleeping next to me.

Reactions: Shawn1112

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
About an hour after posting that pic my Bulldogge was running around upstairs on the carpet, where she hasn’t been for months, and jumping on the bed she tore her ACL. Soonest we can get her in for surgery is nearly 2 weeks out. so 2 weeks of dealing with her with a torn ACL and then 6-8 weeks of recovery after. Gonna be a LONG summer. Poor thing.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
About an hour after posting that pic my Bulldogge was running around upstairs on the carpet, where she hasn’t been for months, and jumping on the bed she tore her ACL. Soonest we can get her in for surgery is nearly 2 weeks out. so 2 weeks of dealing with her with a torn ACL and then 6-8 weeks of recovery after. Gonna be a LONG summer. Poor thing.

It’s weird how far out everything seems with our pets. When Shelby had her first episode I wanted to get her in right away and June 29th was the earliest available, and that was 3 months ago.

Thread Info