📸 Photography Official post your pet thread

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Did you let the cat use the box as a fort?
Damned straight. What kind of cat dad would I be if I didn’t leave the empty box out for their enjoyment.

Also, does anyone else’s cats launch themselves out of the litter box like a top fuel dragster after doing their business?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Soon

20230510_092859.jpg
accordingtoa.jpg

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I heard a bunch of scratching and knocking on the office door while I was watching TV. The turtles are for the most part banished to that room. I went to check on them and saw this.
1683725621725.png

I closed the door so she would shut up and not try to go out that tiny crack anymore. A few minutes later, I started hearing more ruckus. I opened the other door very carefully and saw this!

She thinks she can climb walls. :LOL: At that point it was better to just let her hang out than worry about her flipping. So...
1683726064952.png

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It's so weird. They can calmly, quietly, do their business, and then after they are done, they tear out of the litterbox at light speed and all I hear is the 'thump thump' as their paws pound the flooring. I've seen once cat so far tear out of the room the boxes are in, down the hallway, launch themselves from the TOP of the stairs all the way to the bottom, slide right into the basement wall sideways then tear all the way through the basement to the opposite side of the house.

The problem with this is that it doesn't matter what litter box mat you have, because they clear the mat in a single leap and I find litter in the freaking LIVING room. The vacuum is used daily, sometimes multiple times daily in the house.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
It's so weird. They can calmly, quietly, do their business, and then after they are done, they tear out of the litterbox at light speed and all I hear is the 'thump thump' as their paws pound the flooring. I've seen once cat so far tear out of the room the boxes are in, down the hallway, launch themselves from the TOP of the stairs all the way to the bottom, slide right into the basement wall sideways then tear all the way through the basement to the opposite side of the house.

The problem with this is that it doesn't matter what litter box mat you have, because they clear the mat in a single leap and I find litter in the freaking LIVING room. The vacuum is used daily, sometimes multiple times daily in the house.
My cat used to always do the same (RIP). She would do her business and tear ass out of the litter box meowing up a storm with litter flying everywhere. We tried different strategies too like facing the entrance toward the wall, using a big high walled plastic container, all different litter. Always made a mess.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
My cat used to always do the same (RIP). She would do her business and tear ass out of the litter box meowing up a storm with litter flying everywhere. We tried different strategies too like facing the entrance toward the wall, using a big high walled plastic container, all different litter. Always made a mess.
I have learned to be simply 'amused' by it and accept it as part of life with cats.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Let's see how this goes. Picked up a litter robot 4.

View attachment 161697

My gf bought one for her/our cat. It seems to work really well. The only thing that's a little bit annoying is the sensor in the tray will sometimes alert that it's more full than it actually is, because the clumps pile up in the middle of the tray vs being evenly distributed.

It didn't take long for our cat to adjust. We set it up next to his old litter box so he could choose which one to use. He started using the new one quickly once he realized it always had clean litter. It's also amusing because he likes to sit in front of it and watch it run through it's cleaning cycle ?

Thread Info