📸 Photography Official post your pet thread

PXL_20221111_003418808.jpg
My roommate's cat is dog levels of coming up to you and demanding to be pet.

PXL_20221223_134722137.jpg

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Picked up a new pup she is 1.5 years old she is a mini golden doodle her name is LILY. Super kind and she finally has her own bed and her own water and food bowl. For a pup that never ever got walked she is great walker I feel like she is a little over weight and they fed her cheap Costco food we have switched her over to blue and likes it. The reason they never walked her is because laziness I’m sure and they live in Maywood and it’s not the nicest neighborhood. Lily seems happy and I think she feels like she is home. No more yelling at her and all she wants to be is cuddled. I wish I could take her mom also she is a little bigger and darker and I hope that they can give her more attention and love.

9277B00C-F7F5-491F-97D7-C36616A17B70.jpeg

49A8664C-D7AE-4E0C-B81C-3FCAD02DC3D2.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Picked up a new pup she is 1.5 years old she is a mini golden doodle her name is LILY. Super kind and she finally has her own bed and her own water and food bowl. For a pup that never ever got walked she is great walker I feel like she is a little over weight and they fed her cheap Costco food we have switched her over to blue and likes it. The reason they never walked her is because laziness I’m sure and they live in Maywood and it’s not the nicest neighborhood. Lily seems happy and I think she feels like she is home. No more yelling at her and all she wants to be is cuddled. I wish I could take her mom also she is a little bigger and darker and I hope that they can give her more attention and love.

View attachment 152671

View attachment 152672
Congrats on the new dog. Just my opinion after owning dogs for 25ish years. That expensive food is not needed unless the dog has allergies to certain shit. I’m not saying put the MFer on puppy chow, but you don’t need that fancy shit either. Do some research and don’t go off what your rich neighbors or what your vet tells you.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Congrats on the new dog. Just my opinion after owning dogs for 25ish years. That expensive food is not needed unless the dog has allergies to certain shit. I’m not saying put the MFer on puppy chow, but you don’t need that fancy shit either. Do some research and don’t go off what your rich neighbors or what your vet tells you.

Totally understand it’s not the most expensive and it’s not the cheapest dog food. We did our research on the food and this is what they both like so far.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
The grain free costco dog food is actually pretty high quality from what I researched a few years ago. They have a lower tier that's more basic and cheap too.
I was told by my breeder grain free is no good.

Because grains in dog food can help support heart health, a grain-free diet can lead to certain heart-related medical conditions in dogs. Dogs who eat a grain-free diet for a long time may be at higher risk of developing dilated cardiomyopathy, which can eventually lead to congestive heart failure.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I was told by my breeder grain free is no good.

Because grains in dog food can help support heart health, a grain-free diet can lead to certain heart-related medical conditions in dogs. Dogs who eat a grain-free diet for a long time may be at higher risk of developing dilated cardiomyopathy, which can eventually lead to congestive heart failure.
With all the different varieties of dog food out there and fresh food, etc..., there are going to be multiple opinions on what is best. We typically get different bags of dog food quite often with some regular dog food that does have corn, for example, and grain free dog food with different proteins. Mixing the 2 up for a few feedings tends to help them transition easily between different types without stomach issues.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Good news on LIly she is getting way more comfortable in the house. She does great on her walks and is very calm and peaceful. I have noticed when she poops or pees outside when I go to praise her and get her excited with treats when I go to pet her she falls to the floor when I go near her after she does her business like if she is used to getting hit or I’m thinking get yelled at a-lot since they never took her out and only used pee pads. But I’ve been giving her treats and rubbing her down a lot and is starting to get way more comfortable with me. No mistakes so far inside and she likes to play ball outside and absolutely loves her own bed.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Almost forgot is it strange she don’t like to pee on her long walks? But she does pee when I take her to the back yard. So far since Saturday I’ve gotten her to poop 2 times on short walks and pee maybe 2 times since Friday we got her. Maybe I’m just paranoid but my cavapoo pees like 20 times on people’s yards. Lily don’t care much to smell poles, trees or fire hydrants my other dog is all over it. I do know this he can hold her poop way longer and pee than the other dog my other dog must have a super fast metabolism she goes for walks it’s guaranteed she takes care of business.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Almost forgot is it strange she don’t like to pee on her long walks? But she does pee when I take her to the back yard. So far since Saturday I’ve gotten her to poop 2 times on short walks and pee maybe 2 times since Friday we got her. Maybe I’m just paranoid but my cavapoo pees like 20 times on people’s yards. Lily don’t care much to smell poles, trees or fire hydrants my other dog is all over it. I do know this he can hold her poop way longer and pee than the other dog my other dog must have a super fast metabolism she goes for walks it’s guaranteed she takes care of business.
Likely just needs more time to adjust and needs to learn to use her nose....

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Thread Info