📸 Photography Official post your pet thread

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Took this monster to the vet last Wednesday. He can’t be examined without sedation because he’s a wild man. 8A519A10-F604-4FDC-BEF8-07B4D58501CC.jpeg

This little Nermal goes this Wednesday.
900C4A07-5C7B-46B3-A17A-58EB2FB777F9.jpeg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I keep picking up these little guys in my garden in Lowell, Indiana.

Hey DEEZUZ DEEZUZ - You're not too far from me, a little south on 41, other side of the Kankakee river but similar region. Do you ever see these treefrogs around your place?

Cute little buggers. Climb all over you with those little sucker feet!

View attachment 63719
As I walk the grounds at night they jump up all over the place. You should hear those buggers sing when it's wet season.

Reactions: zenriddles

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So,

Shadow has not been very intelligent about going near Nikki's bowl. Nikki generally fine with me sticking my hand in her food bowl. She'll walk away and come back later.

However, for some stupid reason Shadow was completely ignoring the warnings. Nikki had already snapped at her but hadn't lunged, so it was still a warning.

You hear about "aggression transfer" in animals. When one animal pisses off a 2nd, and somehow a 3rd gets the violent response.

Well, I saw Shadow going back for seconds and stupidly leaned OVER Nikki to grab Shadow before she got a snap. Nikki reacted, and with more than just a bark and a growl. She went for a bite, and my face was right there.

Right now I've done the best I could with alcohol wipes, and I flushed it out for a good 5 minutes. It bled for maybe 4-6 minutes decently well.

Its not quite deep enough for stitches. So I think if I go to urgent care I'll wait for an hour or more, have to deal with Covid tests and shit, and then the'll charge me $100 to put Steri-strips on it and spray some disinfecting shit on it.

But its deep enough that I'm on the fence.

Oddly enough, I've had paper-cuts that hurt MUCH worse than this. I honestly can't even feel it. It more 'tingles' than hurts.

Because of the way I have the bandages placed I can't open my mouth right now. If I open my mouth the edges pull away from each other.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It wasn't deep, large, or really very painful. I define deep as getting into the layers of fat/muscle beneath the skin.

What you can't see in that picture was just how far the gap would open. And that's after I had a Steri-strip on it to hold the edges closed. Before, the edges would open more than an 1/8th of an inch. Large enough to warrant a concern about keeping it closed to reduce a scar.

The smaller of the two seems to have sealed shut by this morning, and the larger wound is much better, but still requires the strips to keep the edges together. The immediate area is swollen, but its not red or inflamed.

once the edges will stay together on their own I'll put a normal bandaid on it with Neosporin and other things that help speed healing. Mostly to reduce the chance of a scar.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, the Steri-strips did their job last night and today. The edges of the bite have healed enough that they stay together. Its by no means healed. But I no longer need a bandage if I don't want to wear one. Which is actually pretty amazing considering just how far the edges of the wound would pull apart yesterday.

Tonight I'll probably put a regular fabric band-aid on it with Neosporin for the night. Then take the band-aid off tomorrow morning and let it breathe after wiping it down again.

No signs of infection.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
"Buddy", my son's/my Shepherd got out today. I was working on the lanai screen door and left the slider to the house open. I told him "Inside" when I saw him eyeing the door but he didn't agree. Whoosh! Ran through the open slider, looked at the screen door, saw it was closed and ran through the lanai screen. Amy and I went out looking for him for half an hour. Called my son at work who checked his phone and saw a neighbor about a block away had him. She called and left a voice mail. Buddy's collar has phone numbers and our address. Good to have the big bastard back. He knows I'm not happy with him. No treats tonight.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Thread Info