📸 Photography Official post your pet thread

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
This is what happens when you give our boxer chicken. I swear his farts can melt paint off the walls.
f8767de93ee5f97994f0c6f30e277dac.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
More kitteh vs big kitteh.

as she grows more comfortable she is definitely showing an assertive streak. She occasionally plays tag with little one. But eventually gets crabby before Little One tires of the game.

Simon continues to ignore her and she mostly ignores him.But both give each other about 1 customary hiss each day.

138DF582-410C-456E-9346-EFD49B0A5286.jpeg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The honey moon is over. Had to break up a significant fight today and separate them into different rooms.

Shadow shows ZERO fear now and is sometimes an instigator. Little One is definitely aggressive here as well. Constantly making a chip/meow combo when she's out. Remains to be seen if both will calm down given time.

So far, still zero bites on the Lost Pet ads.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Cracked the food open this morning.

Shadow came barreling out from under the couch like a cannonball as soon as she heard me using the can-opener, slid into the kitchen on her belly and instantly rolled over. She clearly demonstrated her priorities.

I was surrounded by 3 mewling cats and a hungry dog.

Reactions: BS ISF

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It’s crazy how much her behavior changes in just a single eight hour day.
The first new behavior it is her behavior towards the elders cat Simon, and the dog Nikki. She was bunting them as soon as I let them interact. Bunting is a big sign of affection between cats and other animals.

The next new behavior is that she immediately begged me to come to the couch for cuddles on the couch. She crawled into my lap, Rolled over, and wanted belly rubs. She was also nonstop cleaning me with her tongue.

As long as Little One’s aggression is curbed over time, it’s entirely possible she’ll find a good home with me.

She also likes sitting on my shoulder and watching TV with me

Reactions: Tight Lines

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, I'll try and get a good picture of this. But I've been noticing she looked slightly like she has a lazy eye. Turns out its not lazy eye at all, they track just fine.

What she DOES have though is half of her right pupil is not very responsive. It still dialates and constricts overall, but the outside portion doesn't constrict as much. So if you shine a light into her eye, instead of both eyes turning into vertical slits as expected, the right eye becomes a triangle. The left eye isn't as bad, but still doesn't constrict in the way I'm used to a cats eyes doing so.

She is going into the Vet tomorrow to be spayed, so I'll bring it up with them before the surgery and see what they say.

She can still track and pounce as expected. She nailed a fly a few days mid-air. I let her out of the room and as soon as she saw it flying she bolted after it, jumped and snatched it right out of the air. So she can clearly track down objects with pinpoint precision.
1593388604438.png

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Little One & Shadow are out of surgery.

The eye thing on Shadow is suspected to be damage from either an eye infection or physical injury when she was young. However doesn't present long term consequences unless she was exposed to very bright light (since her pupil can't constrict enough to block the light). Which won't be a real problem as shell be mostly an indoor cat.

Two weeks ago Shadow weighed in at 4.4lbs, but she was 4.9lbs today, so she gained half a pound. which is great. Not sure what she should stabilize at, maybe 6lbs or so? I'll have to ask the vet.

Little One impressed them with just how strong his build is. He's always been an incredibly muscularly dense cat. Normally he's perfectly happy to lounge around, but when he tenses it feels like he has steel cables under his skin. But now I need to watch his found intake because his caloric needs will drop by about 20-25%. He normally gets almost 8oz a day of wet food.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, didn't feel like updating this thread while they were healing.

Little One's neutering did not go well. I dropped both Little One and Shadow off Monday morning, and around 3pm received a call that they were all rested from surgery and ready to come home.

I got home and let Shadow out First, so I could put her in the dog kennel which I had setup so she could be out with us, but isolated from the other cats seeing as her surgery was the more invasive of the two. I looked at her incision and it looked great.

Little One however scared the shit out of me. As soon as I opened the cat carrier he walked out, however his entire backside was COVERED in blood. And there was a puddle of drying blood in the cat carrier. I immediately freaked out, put a towel in there, put Little One back in the carrier, and drove back to the vet as fast as I felt safe doing. As soon as I was on the highway I started calling the vet so that when I rolled up they would come and immediately take him back inside.

I waited for nearly 3 hours outside the vet in my car, with the AC on. Worried about shadow, but terrified that I could lose Little One. If I had lost him over an elective surgery such as neutering it would have been devastating.

Apparently the ligatures on the vas deferens didn't hold so they opened up and he started hemorrhaging. It took them 3 hours because they had to put him back under and redo parts of the surgery.

From there, I took him home and watched him like a hawk. He continued bleeding enough to spot a napkin for nearly 2 days. 2 days I did NOT sleep one bit. I brought him back daily for checkups and stayed home from work the entire time. He finally stopped bleeding around early Wed night.

Its been a week since the surgery and his issues have mostly resolved, and I'm finally confident there won't be any further issues. he's free of the cone of shame now and is no longer licking anymore. He's also off the pain meds so his energy level is back.

One thing that really frustrated me, and I don't think I'll return for surgery is that the vet clinic does not have anyone on staff who can stay with an animal over night. After I had to bring him back I asked about them keeping him over night for observation. They said they could keep him over night but nobody would be on premises to watch him.

I think for all future operations I'm choosing a vet clinic that has 24/7 staff and will insist that they keep them over-night. This scared the shit out me.

Little One is probably the closest in appearance and personality to my first cat Tyger who was my buddy 2 decades and through my childhood, teen, and young adult years. So Tyger holds a special place in my heart as he was my constant companion growing up. No matter how things were, he was there with me every day and night.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, as an update.

I found where Shadow came from, but unfortunately do not have proof to do anything about it.

Neighbor came to me yesterday asking if I was willing to take in two more abandoned cats. And showed me this picture. Then she told me the cats were abandoned by another person in the building. The similarity to Shadow's coat and type, and the fact that these two cats were also desperately trying to get into the building leads me to believe that Shadow also came from the same unit. The neighbor showed me a video and both cats were clawing at the back door to be let inside, one of them was huddled up on the concrete, shivering in terror.

What is it with these fucking assholes who simply dump the animals outside. Animals that have lived inside their entire lives, dumped outside without a care. Cats aren't automatic hunters. Indoor cats have zero prayer of living outside. Especially with Coyote's in the area. These fucks are too fucking lazy to surrender them to a no kill shelter. These people should not be allowed to have pets in the first place.

I told my neighbors to take the cats to Kay's Animal shelter. Part of me is thinking about asking for the cats so I can ensure they get taken to Kay's. I hate that if I take them to the shelter, they will likely be split up.

I really wish I could prove Animal Abandonment to the police. As its a misdemeanor and carries a fine. But I have no proof that this neighbor is the one who dumped them.

My guess is the asshole neighbor has an unaltered male/female cat and they are breeding. So these 3 cats are the offspring she's just dumping outside. They are definitely siblings and similar enough that Shadow is probably the 3rd sibling.
IMG_0558.JPG

Thread Info