📸 Photography Official post your pet thread

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Here's my troublemaker, Palmer. I caught him climbing his house.
Spider Turd.jpg

When I woke up the next morning it appeared that he couldn't find home. This was where he was sleeping. lmao

Couldn't find home.jpg

Here's a good one. I quarentine both turtles while I'm at work. One will swim around in the tank while the other roams the office. (I'm currently building better habitats.) I never keep them in the same area because my other turtle is female. They hacen't gotten along since they'd grown up.

When I came home on Monday I noticed that nobody was swimming. I thought Palmer must be hiding from me. Upon closer inspection I notice that nobody is in there... panic mode. He's no where next to the tank either. Somehow this mastermind yeeted himself out of the tank and just started chillin with Chauncey under the chair. I about had a heart attack, but I was so happy to see them getting along. Finishing their habitats is going to have to get kicked into overdrive because this tank is apparently a safety hazard now.
Escape artist.jpg

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
This is Chauncey. She's more of the friendly type. She isn't scared of anybody and willing to approach you and sit on you. I'm not super flattered because I think she just likes the warmth. She's doesn't get stuck in odd places like Palmer does when he tries to hide, but she's noisey! She likes to attempt to climb walls and then fall. Her shell hitting the floor over an over again can be quite annoying... especially at night! Every once in a while she'll fall and land upside down too.... nature's D student.
Chauncey 1.jpg

She's also a crafty climber. Recently she figured out how to summit the lower shelf of the coffee table.
Chauncey 2.jpg

Chauncey 3.jpg

Turtles aren't cuddly or all that fun to play with, but they have a lot more character than you would imagine. They're certainly fun to watch!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
This is Chauncey. She's more of the friendly type. She isn't scared of anybody and willing to approach you and sit on you. I'm not super flattered because I think she just likes the warmth. She's doesn't get stuck in odd places like Palmer does when he tries to hide, but she's noisey! She likes to attempt to climb walls and then fall. Her shell hitting the floor over an over again can be quite annoying... especially at night! Every once in a while she'll fall and land upside down too.... nature's D student.
View attachment 52785

She's also a crafty climber. Recently she figured out how to summit the lower shelf of the coffee table.
View attachment 52787

View attachment 52788

Turtles aren't cuddly or all that fun to play with, but they have a lot more character than you would imagine. They're certainly fun to watch!
Do they just shit and piss wherever?

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
okay turtle man you need your own thread for this

shit's awesome :rofl:

also can we change your user name to turtle man

hahaha maybe If I can compile enough pictures I'll start one.

The truth is... I bought them as hatchlings at a T-shirt shop for $3 each in SC (totally illegal and irresponsible by the way. Don't buy baby turtles!) when I was going into 8th grade. I thought it would be like taking care of fish. Boy, was I wrong. Their dietary and environmental needs are pretty expensive and labor intensive. Overall, it's been fun 15 years, but if I were to go through this again I would have sprung for tortoises instead. Much easier.

Thread Info