Official Pickup bed gadgets & gizmo thread

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I figured instead of cluttering the crew cab 1500hd quadrasteer thread... why not start a new one.

post pickup bed accessories, gizmos, and gadgets in here... wild, cool, lame, whatever.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well yeah, a fucking new one is $50,000. I halfway want out of my F350 for an older truck that's paid for, but, fuck me... Even the old shitty trucks are $7,500 now. No way I'm paying that much for something I owned three years ago for under $5,000.
TruckVault - TruckVault Secure Storage for Your Vehicle

it's crazy how custom they can get, how expensive they get, and that they can still support 2k lbs on top of them which would SURELY put you over the trucks weight capacity anyways.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] needs the cap-lifter-thing-a-ma-doo

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I need some neat bed storage that fits inside the bed behind the wheel wells. That way I can still have tow straps and other gear with the quad in back. All the ones I've found require drilling into the bed and I'm not too keen on doing that. Using the stock bed extender holes would be best.

Or maybe I'll just find a Ford bed extender for sale. :dunno:

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
yeah i wish those weren't so permanent...

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
One of the bigger issues I've read about is they pull out (heh) over time and fuck the metal up as well as galvanic corrosion if using the cheap included hardware.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
what about one of the bed-floor options?

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
what about one of the bed-floor options?
I was looking at some of those and they're definitely cool but my quad doesn't fit completely IN the bed and the rear wheels sit on the tailgate so this would just make the quad sit higher and at an angle.

I'm about to get some aluminum stock and just fab up my own plates for one of the boxes I've seen.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I was looking at some of those and they're definitely cool but my quad doesn't fit completely IN the bed and the rear wheels sit on the tailgate so this would just make the quad sit higher and at an angle.

I'm about to get some aluminum stock and just fab up my own plates for one of the boxes I've seen.
is your quad too long because of the tires or something else? is it close or a ways off?

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Those were the exact ones I was looking at.

And my quad is long. It fits on the bed and tailgate perfectly, just not in the bed completely.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Those were the exact ones I was looking at.

And my quad is long. It fits on the bed and tailgate perfectly, just not in the bed completely.
my thought was that maybe it'd be up high enough to clear the tailgate if it was on top of one of the decked things.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I mean I could find some stainless steel/billet aluminum hardware and not have to worry about corrosion for a while and maybe even use silicon while installing to seal everything up nicely.

Found a pic. This is with a trailer tire in front of the left tire so it doesn't smash against the bed.

I mean... If I remove the tire in front, a floor chest would work pretty well. I'd just be leery of the tires wanting to fall off the back and causing extra tension on the cargo hooks.

And that fucker weighs 750lbs. :rofl:

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh, and just for the haters. [MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION]

Pussy useless truck doing pussy useless braaap things. Both Renegades and the ZRT in the trailer.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
5'8" I believe. Typical short bed.

For carrying the quad, yeah the bed extender would be great. Hell, just thought about the ramps too, that would be perfect. Wouldn't have to worry about strapping them down, just throw in, close extended and off I go.

Basically I'm trying to still have lockable, out-of-the-way storage and so I can get rid of the toolbox. Maybe I'm asking too much.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
"typical shortbed" should be 6.5 feet.

my truck is 5'8"

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
your truck is going to be 6'6"... right?

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
or is your truck 5'8" just like the crew cab and your truck is shorter length overall than a crew cab short bed raptor?

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
omg that's so lame. i didn't know that they did it that way, i thought they did it like gm, just never paid attention

tiny bed.

tiny cab.

tiny dick.

seems about right.

:s00ls:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom