Gaming Official Nintendo Thread

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
When I was a kid I wanted a Nomad so bad. I finally saved up and rode my bike to the Best Buy in Arlington Heights, threw down my cash and bought one along with a 6 pack of AA batteries. I got home, played Sonic for about an hour and then the thing shut off. I thought it was broken. It wasn't. The batteries died. ONE. HOUR. I returned it and got a Super Nintendo Killer Instinct bundle.

I don't see what the appeal is for this system over the Xbox One or PS4. Doesn't the Wii U do the same thing?

The Wii U is an actual console that uses the gamepad. Kinda portable, but not as portable as this. I assume it would be more powerful as well.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I forgot to post, but Nintendo's presentation just ended. I caught the last 10 minutes of it. So far I saw the release date is March 3rd. Cost $300 at launch. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will also be launching on that date as well.

Also caught the last part of some sports games, along with Skyrim will be on the Switch. The buzz of the switch is a very good thing for Nintendo.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Its been in development for a long while. I was listening to the Pat the NES punk's podcast and they were talking about how it better be, otherwise they squander a great opportunity to get quality first party titles, which I would agree. The Wii U didnt have many must haves for awhile. New Super Mario U wasnt even at launch and that game is just a rehash of NSM on the Wii.

$300 is decent. $250 would have been king, but its also taking place of the 3DS IMO, so Nintendo can just focus on the Switch and not have a handheld version and a console version of a game. Which is actually very smart for Nintendo since the handhelds really keep them relevant.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Anyone picking one up this week or have one on preorder?

Id be interested in taking over someones preorder (but not at some obnoxious ebay bullshit rate).

I needs me my Zelda and there is literally no where that has any preorders right now. Its ridiculous. Target is going to have them at 8am Friday but I'm not waiting outside like some schmuck. Last time I did that was for the ps2.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info