Gaming Official Nintendo Thread

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Just watched a LTT video where they were reviewing some glasses that has the image from steamdeck and switch. They showed Linus's steamdeck playing TOTK, and it looked straight gahbage. Like the potato switch makes it look way better gahbage.

Admittedly he said it was a settings thing, but you know how I play TOTK? I wake my switch up and play and it looks fluid. Not like its trying to play Cyberpunk 2077 on ultimate 4K HDR.

Yeah the ROG ally is a windows based thing. It might have better hardware but having to go through a resource hog like windows 11 really hurts it. I have to disable cpu cores and downclock my GPU to get smoother gameplay when emulating switch games, so it's not a lack of power. What LTT was showing isn't at all my experience on deck. I click the ToTK icon on my homescreen and play smooth too. 25fps outside, 30 in shrines. Sometimes get a hiccup when entering a new area/loading shaders but overall it's great. Plus the yuzu emulator devs are always releasing updates that improve gameplay.

Reactions: wombat

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Yeah the ROG ally is a windows based thing. It might have better hardware but having to go through a resource hog like windows 11 really hurts it. I have to disable cpu cores and downclock my GPU to get smoother gameplay when emulating switch games, so it's not a lack of power. What LTT was showing isn't at all my experience on deck. I click the ToTK icon on my homescreen and play smooth too. 25fps outside, 30 in shrines. Sometimes get a hiccup when entering a new area/loading shaders but overall it's great. Plus the yuzu emulator devs are always releasing updates that improve gameplay.
You nailed it. More hw =/= more better now a day, it's how you use it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info