šŸ€ NBA [OFFICIAL] NBA Thread

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
It is being reported that both GM Gar Forman and VP of Ops John Paxson are both on their way out after this year. The "official" story is that Forman will be demoted to scouting, and that Paxson will take an advisory role to Reinsdorf. Also seems to be set in stone that Boylan will be fired after the season is over. They *seem* like they are cleaning house, but I'm not sure why they would allow Gar/Pax to stay within the organization if you are going to bring fresh people in. Their presence will undermine any decisions the new people make. I say run them both out of town and hand the keys to someone new.

They have apparently been in this process for a bit, but with all the coverage of the ASG in Chicago,people around the league (media, players, other team execs, etc) have been making a mockery out of Chicago and their front office. It's straight up embarrassing. I really hope they clean out the whole front office and let the new VP-Ops/GM bring in their own team.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
It is being reported that both GM Gar Forman and VP of Ops John Paxson are both on their way out after this year. The "official" story is that Forman will be demoted to scouting, and that Paxson will take an advisory role to Reinsdorf. Also seems to be set in stone that Boylan will be fired after the season is over. They *seem* like they are cleaning house, but I'm not sure why they would allow Gar/Pax to stay within the organization if you are going to bring fresh people in. Their presence will undermine any decisions the new people make. I say run them both out of town and hand the keys to someone new.

They have apparently been in this process for a bit, but with all the coverage of the ASG in Chicago,people around the league (media, players, other team execs, etc) have been making a mockery out of Chicago and their front office. It's straight up embarrassing. I really hope they clean out the whole front office and let the new VP-Ops/GM bring in their own team.

It is a straight up joke. They need to run the medical staff and training staff out also. Insane to have so many young players injured. All to give Paxson the ability to say "We don't know what we have" Can't rebuild with garbage like this and boylen isn't doing anything to develop talent and we can't attract any good players to come here.

Reactions: GLADIATOR

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Chicago as a whole did an awesome job the whole weekend for the festivities. Gordon was 100% robbed AGAIN.
I also enjoyed the game and the new format.
Common was awesome!

They need to change how the dunk contest is voted on. Every time a "good" dunk happens its just a 50. You can't tell me that all 50s are equivalent. They need to be rating a persons dunks against the competition, not against some arbitrary scoring metric that doesn't actually mean anything.

My idea for making it better would be:
  • They need to let everyone in the round do their dunk, and then they rank them first to last.
  • Repeat for X number of rounds (maybe 2-3 dunks/rounds in the first elimination)
  • Eliminate the lowest 2. Top 2 make the final.
  • 5 dunks in the final round, ranking #1 and #2. In order to prevent a tie, they weight each dunk as increasing more valuable (e.g. 1st -1, 2nd -3, 3rd -5, etc) so that its hard to end in a tie, and it leaves the best dunk for last.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
It's draft day. Talks are that Bulls will trade WCJ and the #4 pick for the #2 pick and take James Wiseman. They are also fielding offers for Lavine.

This is the first time in my life as a Bulls fan that I'm actually excited for free agency.
Shitty year to have the #4 pick when there isnt even a clear #1 in this draft. Has to be the weakest draft in a loooonnnggg time. Wiseman does nothing for me, prefer to keep Carter. I'd like to see Lavine stick around, only scorer they have imo although White is going to come around imo. I think this new coaching staff is going to do well with the Bulls. They hated Boylan and it showed, I'm thinking they are excited to play with the new staff.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Shitty year to have the #4 pick when there isnt even a clear #1 in this draft. Has to be the weakest draft in a loooonnnggg time. Wiseman does nothing for me, prefer to keep Carter. I'd like to see Lavine stick around, only scorer they have imo although White is going to come around imo. I think this new coaching staff is going to do well with the Bulls. They hated Boylan and it showed, I'm thinking they are excited to play with the new staff.

They're probably going to turn Lavine and/or Lauri (or some other fodder) + picks into Kemba Walker. Lavine needs to go IMO. He is my least favorite Bull since Ben Gordon. Dude has the worst case of irrational confidence in the NBA. He is a 6th man, nothing more.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
It would take that pic, Lavine, Carter, Laurie and probably a future 1st rd pick if not more
No thanks

I was joking brother.

Harden chokes every year in the playoffs and he always has good teammates with great regular season stats, but canā€™t get over the hump. He thinks going to the nets is going to change that? Come on not enough basketballs for those 3 guys and they all have to prove they can win without riding someone elseā€™s coat tails or being on a juggernaut team.

Reactions: Shawn1112

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Legit excited....
giphy.gif

Thread Info