beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
thing is hideous :rofl:

1308128198derrick_hood1.jpg

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
fuuuuuck. not looking good for tomorrow :(
Rose got fined for his comments the other night, too. $25k aint nothin to a BAUCE.
Sounds like Rose will be sitting out tomorrow, and Luol may be sitting out again as well :wtc: Both All-Star's out. Shiiiiiiiit

Rose's status in doubt as he rests with sore groin, gets $25,000 fine, absorbs fender bender
March 13, 2012, 10:37 p.m. EDT
McClatchy/Tribune - MCT Information Services

Derrick Rose winced as he rose from his seat and limped away from a post-practice film session with coach Tom Thibodeau that, in advance of Wednesday's showdown with the Heat, surely featured clips of LeBron James guarding Rose.

The pain emanated from what sources said is soreness in the groin area that needed a Tuesday MRI exam and could sideline Rose on Wednesday. Especially because Rose also walked away from a fender bender on the Kennedy Expressway on Tuesday afternoon.

An overstuffed wallet didn't contribute to Rose's shuffling gait. That's because on a day Rose skipped practice to rest his latest ache in this most demanding of seasons, the NBA fined the reigning most valuable player $25,000 for criticizing officials publicly. It's the first fine of Rose's four-year career.

"Derrick's not a complainer," Thibodeau said. "Usually if he says something, he has a point he wants to make. He was driving the ball pretty hard and didn't get calls. ... He's a hard guy to officiate. Because of his speed and power, you don't recognize when he is being hit. He'll play through things and he doesn't say very much. But he was frustrated."

Rose, who didn't address reporters Tuesday, uncharacteristically criticized officials after Monday's victory over the Knicks. He repeatedly was upset throughout a game in which he didn't attempt a first-quarter free throw and only shot nine while hoisting 29 shots on countless drives.

"I have to be the only superstar in the league that's going through what I'm going through right now," Rose said Monday night.

Rose logged 42 minutes, 43 seconds against the Knicks and made no mention of his latest injury during his postgame remarks. Thibodeau said Rose sat out practice because of "wear and tear" unrelated to previous toe and back injuries and believed he would play against the Heat. Thibodeau spoke before Rose's fender bender.

"He's nicked up a little bit," Thibodeau said. "Hopefully, the rest will do him good."

If Rose can't go and with C.J. Watson still hobbled by a sprained left ankle, the return of Mike James again becomes a strong possibility.

Of course, the Bulls will need as much firepower as they can against the Heat. They lost by four points in the first meeting this season despite playing without Deng and Watson. The last four regular-season matchups have been decided by a total of 12 points.

"We're chasing them," Thibodeau said. "They're the Eastern Conference champions. We know we have to defend, rebound and take care of the ball. That was one thing down there we felt we didn't do (well). The way they convert turnovers into points, if they get in the open floor, they're hard to stop.

"But what has transpired in all our games is they're usually very hard-fought and very close. It usually comes down to a hustle play and make or miss."

James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh put maximum pressure on any defense, much less a Bulls' unit that hasn't lived up to high standards lately.

"We have to play smart, try to really limit our turnovers," Joakim Noah said. "Play good defense, which is something we haven't done in a while.

"We know we gave up a lot of points in transition off our turnovers. If we can limit that, it will work in our favor."

So, of course, would having Rose.

According to Illinois State police officials, Rose's 2011 beige Bentley was rear-ended at about 4:25 p.m. on the I-90 southbound lanes at Ogden. The other driver was ticketed and Rose told police his own doctor would check him later.

On Wednesday, the best teams in the Eastern Conference will collide. After winning all three regular-season meetings last season but falling in the Eastern Conference finals in five games, the Bulls know to keep the game in perspective.

That said, the Bulls also know the Heat stand in the way of their ultimate goals.

"You want to play against the best," Noah said. "It's going to be a competitive game. We just want to set the tone."

Gypsy

TCG Elite Member
Sep 21, 2010
Really? I mean from what I've read, he's likely to play. But that's on Yahoo Sports leagues.

Tue, Mar 13
Rose is "nicked up" and sat out Tuesday's practice but should play Wednesday against the Heat, the Chicago Tribune reports.
Recommendation: Rose takes tremendous punishment driving to the hoop and was banged around a bit in Chicago's win over the Knicks. The odds are basically slim to none he misses a chance to play against LeBron and Wade on Wednesday.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
I hope they're right :x:
I mean, its a pretty big game metaphorically, but it really doesnt mean anything when it comes down to it. I read that he was wincing in pain just from standing up earlier today during film. The Mike James signing leads us to believe that theres a decent chance he'll be sitting out, but I hope thats not the case.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
I just can't see him sitting out. Even if he is banged up a little. Maybe if it was against a so-so team. But with this kind of rivalry, I'd bet that he plays. I could be wrong tho, just my prediction, tinfoilhat style.

I know he will want to play, that is a given.
But the results of the MRI, as well as the opinions of the doctors and coaches will obviously also come into play. Results pending, they're not going to let him go out there and give it his all for a chance at this big win against a rival at the potential cost of aggravating the injury even worse.
I hope that some of the 'injury' reports are exaggerated too. We need him for tomorrow :x:

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
:rofl: keep dreaming dwight howard

ā€œI told them I feel we have a great opportunity to win and I told them that I want to be here and I want to bring a championship here. I told them theyā€™ve got to give me that chance. They didnā€™t trade me at the beginning of the season and I told them Iā€™d go out and play as hard as I could every night to put our team in a position to win.ā€

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Rose and deng will play... its gonna be an amazing game

Rose gets assaulted on almost every drive to the game, literally watched him get his head knocked off a couple times in the orlando game and not a single fuck from the ref was given

for being the reigning MVP, he probably gets the LEAST amount of calls..

A lot of it is because he has such great body control AFTER being hit, still gets his shoulders and body square and finishes the play, for being such a tank, lebron looks like he got hit by a fridge whenever he drives and gets fouled... quite opposite when hes got an open lane and finishes with some anger tho

Gypsy

TCG Elite Member
Sep 21, 2010
SONOFABITCH.
Rose (groin) is considered a game-time decision for Wednesday's contest against the Heat, Nick Friedell of ESPNChicago reports.

Recommendation: It looks increasingly likely that Rose will not be able to play Wednesday. Rose did not participate in practice and the Bulls signed veteran Mike James to his third 10-day contract. If Rose is unable to play look for James and John Lucas to get a substantial amount of minutes with backup C.J Watson (ankle) being a game-time decision as well. Check back closer to game-time for a more concrete answer on Rose's status.

Thread Info