šŸ€ NBA [OFFICIAL] NBA Thread

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Would you take 1/5 of your salary so that your company would be more successful?

If it was only for one year to make sure I got a ring and hopefully get healthy enough to return to form? Sure.

It's one year of his life that he won't even play all of. Why not go for it? You make it seem like he wont be able to afford to live off 5.3 million for one year. :bowrofl:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
If it was only for one year to make sure I got a ring and hopefully get healthy enough to return to form? Sure.

It's one year of his life that he won't even play all of. Why not go for it? You make it seem like he wont be able to afford to live off 5.3 million for one year. :bowrofl:
A ring doesn't have any real value. Cousins will be looked at like Nick Young on this team. He's just another guy. Yeah, sure he can get by on $5.3 mil but he is giving up $20-25 he will *never* get back. If this is a player like LeBron, where he is worried about his legacy as an all time great, and he has more money in endorsements than he gets from a contract, then I'd get it. But it's not.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Dan Marino disagrees. :rofl:
I see that's also where you stopped reading.

Dan Marino is an all time great. He actually had a legacy to worry about. He was also THE GUY on his team. Cousins is the 3rd, maybe 4th guy on the Warriors. He also has no chance of being an all time great. A championship on this team is literally meaningless.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

Dan Marino is an all time great. He actually had a legacy to worry about. He was also THE GUY on his team. Cousins is the 3rd, maybe 4th guy on the Warriors. He also has no chance of being an all time great. A championship on this team is literally meaningless.

Obviously it's not meaningless to him, or else he would have taken more money from another team. :dunno:

To him it looks like he spends a year there and has a possibility to win a championship while recovering then goes for the big money deal once people see he came back from the injury.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL

At what point could you argue another 25 million dollars is meaningless? Sounds crazy to us regular people but when you make piles of money every single year another pile of money just isn't that important.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Good. What took so long? Lol.

The Bulls owners suck.
I agree, but GarPax is to blame for 90% of the shit show going on.
Every player that has left has talked shit about those 2 and thats the reason they cant sign any big name free agents.
I wish they would sell the Bulls to someone who wants to see them do well.

Thread Info