Official Karen NEXTDOOR/Facebook neighborhood bitchin thread

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I've gone rogue and trimmed a few tree branches on my dog walking route so I don't have to duck down 3 feet. Easier to just do it myself than complain about it.
Fuck I need to do this. It’s amazing how blind some people are about the shit they do that inconveniences others. It seems every tree that’s anywhere near a sidewalk in my neighborhood is literally almost touching the ground. Like FFS, have none of you people ever heard of pruning? And taking walks when I had my kid in a stroller or wagon people would park across the sidewalk so you’d have to go off roading through their lawn to get back on the sidewalk. Even worse with the shoveling- there’s some people who just never do it at all and it becomes a skating rink for the kids walking to the bus stop so eventually they just walk in the road to avoid ankle deep slush.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Fuck I need to do this. It’s amazing how blind some people are about the shit they do that inconveniences others. It seems every tree that’s anywhere near a sidewalk in my neighborhood is literally almost touching the ground. Like FFS, have none of you people ever heard of pruning? And taking walks when I had my kid in a stroller or wagon people would park across the sidewalk so you’d have to go off roading through their lawn to get back on the sidewalk. Even worse with the shoveling- there’s some people who just never do it at all and it becomes a skating rink for the kids walking to the bus stop so eventually they just walk in the road to avoid ankle deep slush.
I did that. My electric hedge trimmers and just cut everything back. Stroller, bike, walking, no more getting snagged by that shit.

OmniGLH

Regular
Apr 24, 2013
Huntley

I hear you on this, and I get it to a degree (are you pushing a stroller that's got the tiny wheels, vs. say like a jogging stroller?) Let me offer the flipside to this:

I lived in a town where I was not allowed to park in the street overnight, and I was not allowed to store a trailer on my property - village ordinance and guaranteed ticket. The night before a racing event, I'd have to go get my trailer and load it up (normally kept at a storage yard). As such, the truck+trailer combo would have to be parked in the driveway... and of course, it was long enough to block the sidewalk. If I disconnected the trailer from the truck, I'd get a ticket - became "trailer storage". If I parked in the street, I'd get a ticket for violating "no overnight parking." And guaranteed: I'd get someone walking down the street pulling a Radio Flyer wagon with their kids in it and they'd give me the stinkeye and/or bitch at me "YOU'RE BLOCKING THE SIDEWALK!" Well... my alternative is a $150 village ordinance ticket.

What WOULD piss me off in your scenario, is when the driveway is full of cars, blocking the sidewalk - because their 3 car garage is packed floor-to-ceiling with shit....

Reactions: v6buicks

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I've gone rogue and trimmed a few tree branches on my dog walking route so I don't have to duck down 3 feet. Easier to just do it myself than complain about it.

Careful with that. If someone really wanted to be uppity about it, they can go tree law on you and you get screwed paying fines. Like lots of fines from what Ive seen on Reddit.

My neighbor across the street called me over about a month ago. Apparently my next door neighbor was venting to him about ME snow blowing HIS sidewalk.

Season 2 Wtf GIF by NBC World Of Dance

Its apparently HIS duty and HIS property so I shouldn't do it. He apparently even talked to me about it and told me to stop. Spoiler alert: he didn't. It must have been so egregious that I snow blowed his sidewalk that he complained to the guy across the street 3 times, with the last time being the day before speaking to me about it. Thing is, he would do it. After a few days. We have kids that walk down the street daily for the school bus. His drive way was an ice rink. Whatever. Less work for me, and I even was petty enough to stop power washing the side walk right at the property line. So it looks goofy AF. :rofl:

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Careful with that. If someone really wanted to be uppity about it, they can go tree law on you and you get screwed paying fines. Like lots of fines from what Ive seen on Reddit.
I've got a yellow safety vest, and plan on just saying the HOA hired me to do it, and if they have any problems, to take it up with them. ?

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I hear you on this, and I get it to a degree (are you pushing a stroller that's got the tiny wheels, vs. say like a jogging stroller?) Let me offer the flipside to this:

What WOULD piss me off in your scenario, is when the driveway is full of cars, blocking the sidewalk - because their 3 car garage is packed floor-to-ceiling with shit....
yea this is the issue. If it was a one-off thing with somebody like you that’s obviously out of your control. But it’s just people that 365 days a year have both garage spots floor to ceiling with useless junk and park across the sidewalk every day at any time of the day and park with their tires in the dirt.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Its apparently HIS duty and HIS property so I shouldn't do it. He apparently even talked to me about it and told me to stop. Spoiler alert: he didn't. It must have been so egregious that I snow blowed his sidewalk that he complained to the guy across the street 3 times, with the last time being the day before speaking to me about it. Thing is, he would do it. After a few days. We have kids that walk down the street daily for the school bus. His drive way was an ice rink. Whatever. Less work for me, and I even was petty enough to stop power washing the side walk right at the property line. So it looks goofy AF. :rofl:
I’m like the 6th house down the street from the corner where the bus stops in my neighborhood and since nobody else will do it, I run my snowblower all the way down to the corner and ever clear parts of the parkway grass to give the kids a place to stand. I’ve never in a million years even considered that it would piss anybody off because they wanted to leave it snowy.

Reactions: Fish and Dan00Hawk

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I’m like the 6th house down the street from the corner where the bus stops in my neighborhood and since nobody else will do it, I run my snowblower all the way down to the corner and ever clear parts of the parkway grass to give the kids a place to stand. I’ve never in a million years even considered that it would piss anybody off because they wanted to leave it snowy.

Right? It makes no sense to me. My neighbors behind me will do their part and continue to the corner to help me out, and Ive said thank you by finishing my side to their driveway and even cleared out the bottom half of their driveway for them. My next door neighbor and I are also both corner lots so we are the only 2 houses on our side of the block, so you would think you would want to make sure kids walking by can do so safely. :dunno:

OmniGLH

Regular
Apr 24, 2013
Huntley
yea this is the issue. If it was a one-off thing with somebody like you that’s obviously out of your control. But it’s just people that 365 days a year have both garage spots floor to ceiling with useless junk and park across the sidewalk every day at any time of the day and park with their tires in the dirt.
Yeah.

When I see their garages like that... I shudder to think of what the inside of their house looks like. Especially in my old neighborhood where every house has a full basement that's easily 1000 sqft. If they can't pack all their shit into 3000sqft of space, to where it spills over into a 20x30 garage stacked floor-to-ceiling.......

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
This was posted in my parents neighborhood Facebook group. Garbage trucks have been out at the crack of dawn for as long as I can remember.

View attachment 131711
Well it was a fucking holiday Monday so yeah… not a surprise they will be starting extra early playing catch-up the rest of the week.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
HP runs a day behind. Our garbage day is today but won’t get picked up until tomorrow. Which means only 6 days between pickup for next week. And my wife will be downtown for a trade show all week. Would be a shame if the garbage was a little more full next week.
I thought about doing the same thing this week. My cans were pretty empty because I was out of town for a few days last week. I dragged them to the curb, but I almost let laziness get the best of me :LOL:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
This was posted in my parents neighborhood Facebook group. Garbage trucks have been out at the crack of dawn for as long as I can remember.

View attachment 131711
Semi-related, in my mom's neighborhood in Wheaton they're doing all kinds of road/sewer construction. The garbage service said they'd need to change their pickup time to 7am or after. The next week they were there at 6am, so a lot of early-risers didn't have their cans out in time. I guess city of wheaton got a few hundred complaints about it. Garbage company had to send out a few trucks that afternoon to go around and pick up all the garbage.

Most people have their stuff on the curb the night before, so not a big deal. But if your company sends out a notification that specifically says, "7am or later", then you show up at 6am, you need to remedy it.

Thread Info