Official Karen NEXTDOOR/Facebook neighborhood bitchin thread

OmniGLH

Regular
Apr 24, 2013
Huntley
I'd like to get an explanation of how a person of a non-minority background can make a factual statement about a situation involving a minority and have it not be conceived as "racist" by said minority. It seems rare on social media for someone not to play the race card immediately, unfortunately. I've made my Nextdoor account pretty anonymous with a different name, so it's not apparent what my heritage is, and that seems to help.

Good luck with that. The Karens always make assumptions immediately. If they happen to be wrong (and they find out that the person ISN'T white) then that person is just labeled a race traitor or brainwashed and it's the end of the discussion.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I get the headlines in an email pretty much daily. Last night was someone bitching about neighbors not trimming their trees so the branches don't hit people's heads.

While I agree, I wouldn't post a bitch about it.
I've gone rogue and trimmed a few tree branches on my dog walking route so I don't have to duck down 3 feet. Easier to just do it myself than complain about it.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I actually cut a couple neighbor tree completely down overnight when nobody was living there. A flipper/renter got a hold of the property and had zero fucks to give. They were small enough that I could do it with a bow saw really quickly, but I was not cool with the fact that they were growing wild under my fence. I spray my fence with round up a lot more liberally now.

They ended up renting the place out with the trees still laying down in the back yard. ?‍♂️

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

OmniGLH

Regular
Apr 24, 2013
Huntley
When I first moved back to IL in 2009, there were 5-6 houses on my street alone that were vacant and in foreclosure, including the house immediately nextdoor. My ex and I wound up mowing all the lawns because we just got tired of looking at it.

Finally somebody bought the house next door to us. They were worse than leaving the house vacant. They moved in, ripped out all the carpeting, and left the old carpeting, padding, etc. in a pile on their driveway for months. House trim fell off, shutters, outside lights hanging by wires, etc. Random surplus military vehicles would appear in the driveway (my favorite was an old 6.2L squarebody GM truck). (Funny cop neighbor never complained about them but complained about me....) They too were eventually foreclosed on - and the new people that eventually moved in asked us if we knew why the whole house had nothing but subfloor and had clearly been lived on that way for some time....

At least the couple that moved in, the husband had been the head greenskeeper at Medinah. So suddenly MY yard looked like dogshit when held up next to his!

I'm anti HOA. But it might've been nice....

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I'm glad that the subdivision I moved to seems really laid back for the most part. It seems fairly diverse and people of all ages, but everyone is super friendly. Everyone waves when they drive down the street and anyone out walking says hello. There are loud cars and bikes, someone apparently has a band that I hear practicing in a garage once a week, and nobody really cares or complains.

Last night my girlfriend noticed that someone down the street had put a garage sale sign in our front lawn close to the street. She was going to take it down, but I told her to just leave it alone because we have loud cars and don't want to ruin the laid back vibe of our street over something so petty that isn't hurting anything.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
My next door app posters are all complaining about how new housing is going up and what was once empty land will be filled with homes, stores and restaurants….. but these people complaining all had new houses built in the last 4-5 years where they had to de Forrest the area.

Also get people who are not all that familiar with the amount of wildlife we have in the area and complaining and looking to get rid of all the wildlife which include gators, snakes, opossums, raccoons, wild boars and turtles… you know all the that are part of the eco system.

And lastly, the older population who complain about kids playing outside, kids who are fishing in the ponds in the neighborhoods…. my boys have been confronted by a few Ken and Karen’s about fishing in the ponds questioning my kids and the other kids in the neighborhood if they live here, what’s their address’s etc…. I told my boys next time to ask them “ is this how you want to live your breaths complaining about us fishing “ lol

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I'm glad that the subdivision I moved to seems really laid back for the most part. It seems fairly diverse and people of all ages, but everyone is super friendly. Everyone waves when they drive down the street and anyone out walking says hello. There are loud cars and bikes, someone apparently has a band that I hear practicing in a garage once a week, and nobody really cares or complains.

Last night my girlfriend noticed that someone down the street had put a garage sale sign in our front lawn close to the street. She was going to take it down, but I told her to just leave it alone because we have loud cars and don't want to ruin the laid back vibe of our street over something so petty that isn't hurting anything.

This is part of the secret, you let shit slide and other people let you slide in return. People get way too uptight or snarky about shit and it's annoying.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
This is part of the secret, you let shit slide and other people let you slide in return. People get way too uptight or snarky about shit and it's annoying.
Exactly. It's just part of living in a populated area. Life is pretty miserable if you're always trying to find things to get upset about.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
My next door app posters are all complaining about how new housing is going up and what was once empty land will be filled with homes, stores and restaurants….. but these people complaining all had new houses built in the last 4-5 years where they had to de Forrest the area.

Also get people who are not all that familiar with the amount of wildlife we have in the area and complaining and looking to get rid of all the wildlife which include gators, snakes, opossums, raccoons, wild boars and turtles… you know all the that are part of the eco system.

And lastly, the older population who complain about kids playing outside, kids who are fishing in the ponds in the neighborhoods…. my boys have been confronted by a few Ken and Karen’s about fishing in the ponds questioning my kids and the other kids in the neighborhood if they live here, what’s their address’s etc…. I told my boys next time to ask them “ is this how you want to live your breaths complaining about us fishing “ lol
No shit, right? It always seems to be the same people you would expect to yell at kids for being in front of the TV too. :rolleyes:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
No shit, right? It always seems to be the same people you would expect to yell at kids for being in front of the TV too. :rolleyes:
I sure as shit wish my kid would pry himself away from his tablet and go fishing.

100% agree, it's obvious you they don't have a life and they don't want you to either.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Just recently a post came up about loud cars and how they should be banned, the person they were talking about was a boomer as well, he confronted the poster and asked “ how would you like for me to start my car “ they were all offended and neighbors contacted the HOA to complain… HOA came to the guys house to hear him start his car which is all stock hellcat and a TRX, HOA didn’t know what to do or say. I know the guy and asked what time does he leave his home? All after 8am and is home by 10pm or earlier most nights.

A Honda Accord has a raspy sound on cold start.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
karen.gif

Thread Info