❄️ The Official TCG Complains about Snow Yearly Despite Living in the Midwest and it never snows here anyway.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Yea it's uh..... Chicago....

giphy.gif

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It changed in 30 minutes yesterday (Saturday). It was 39* on the mirror in the Suburban, got out to finish some shovelling and the wind picked up, and it was 23* and continued to drop.

So it turned to slop Friday night/Saturday morning. I finished our house here in Elgin as it started to pour. So I went to the other house to push the snow there, The roads were a slushy slop and this is the plow from all that got splashed up going down north ave. It was literally like a slushy swamp the entire way...

This is what the plow looked like when I got home around 3:30am;

SLushy plow 2.jpg

Slushy plow 1.jpg

Reactions: crooks

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Only took me about an extra 15 minutes to get home Friday, but I was expecting it to take me hours. The wife got home a couple minutes before me, but left her work about an hour and a half before I did. The roads were terrible though. This brodozer was on 90 going 30 in the left lane

i-26fjth5-X4.jpg

This was one of the roads off the highway. There was a plow coming the opposite direction that passed right after I took this.
i-2SB5rfv-X4.jpg

I got home about 6 or so, and not too long after that it started to turn to rain. It was actually pouring for a bit, so much so I thought it may melt all the snow. I waited until Saturday morning to deal with the driveway. There was probably about 4-6" of compacted snow/slush. Plow handled it like a champ, only had to lock the diffs a couple times due to me being a noob. Shoveling the steps was enough to really drive home that I was glad I got the plow. By Saturday night I had a hard time starting my car to pull it back in the garage it was so cold out. Sunday I was surprised to see that the driveway was 99% dry and clear. Everything I had plowed along the edges of the driveway was solid ice, and not going anywhere. Hopefully it will either melt/soften up before we get more snow, or I did a good enough job clearing enough space.

Sean

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
There were people driving 25mph when I could see two strips of pavement in the snow. I came barreling down...doing the speed limit. There was no need to do 25mph when you aren't even driving on the snow. I get being cautious, but some of these people were being ridiculous.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Before you buy them. Put socks or something on first to see how he reacts. I bought boots for my pitty and he won't walk in them
Our dog is the same. Once all 4 are on he wont move at all. We have been putting a coat on him which he likes, but its a no go on footwear. We just watch him when its cold out like this and make sure he is back in quick. Comes back in and goes right back under a blanket.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I've tried wool dog socks which he'll walk in them just fine, but they don't stay on.
He lost one in the yard somewhere and I haven't been able to find it.
I need to find something that will stay secure.

I didn't get the "boots" since I figured he wouldn't walk in them, but I might have to try a set.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
They have 3-6 for the western burbs and a little south, so they're being safe but still over exaggerating the outcome. Realistically it'll be 1-3 inches for the 3-6" they forecast and 0-1" for the southern parts they're claiming to be 1-3". BUT you don't get the clicks if you tell the people what they don't want to hear.

Thread Info