đź’¬ OT âť„️ The Official TCG Complains about Snow Yearly Despite Living in the Midwest and it never snows here anyway.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
I'll be ok

IMG_20200117_182856_01.jpg

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
its all about the algorithms

Edit - I saw you replied later down the page with basically what I just said. Another point to make is not all the cellular data that your phone is putting out is metered data on your plan. There are plenty of services that your phone uses to talk to different destinations over its cellular data connection, that are not "billed" to your data plan. Same goes for home internet and cable. Your TV and internet run on the same lines and share bandwidth. If you have a 100/100 speed plan on your home internet, there is a buffer on top of that to allow your TV data streams to run along with it. Reserved bandwidth. That way when you are watching TV, its not effecting the speeds you get to your home internet.

That privacy option you get to say yes or no to about google maps collecting data to make it better is for this. If you say yes to that prompt, google collects data on your speed and direction along with all the other morons around you and puts that shit on the map. Thats how it shows you a traffic slow down ahead. Because the people that are currently in it, are not moving. The more people's phones providing the data, the more accurate the maps are. Thats how it knows about the backups on all roads. Because its collecting data from phones in cars that are on those roads... There is no magic here.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Has to be more to it than that. It has to also collect live phone and weather data. It registered multiple large back ups near my house on my dash. None are major roads or highways. There is no way to predetermine those back ups.
You said "has to be more to it than that"....

Then "my Tesla has Google maps".

There is nothing more. That's the point.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Tesla uses google maps, so it collects data from other phones on speed and conditions as well as road traffic sources

It's Google Maps in overlays only. The guidance is all Tesla, and that's pretty recent, too, as I believe they were using Garmin previously.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
No, I'm up here in Elgin.
Dammit.

If they did even a half-assed job was gonna give you credit.

For some reason Starol Cream likes to contract out the cul-de-sacs to the people with the loudest trucks. Usually F-250 diesels with aftermarket exhaust and wastegate.

So every time they touch the throttle you hear them, turbo spooling up and exhaust blowing out, usually about 2am.

Thread Info