Food / Drink Official Grills, Smokers, BBQ deals/finds

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Wait, this thing is natural gas. SHIIITTT

here it is. some rust on the front of the box. needs a few flavorbars and burners.

legit free to anyone on here, i just need it gone. it is heavy as fuck though.

grates are in good shape. there's a rotisserie kit in there too.

here's a dude who rebuilt on in october:

a lot of parts available here:

and here:

this dude rebuilt one from the ground up too:

weber forum is hardcore AF

0309211630.jpg

0309211631b.jpg

0309211630b.jpg

0309211631.jpg

0309211630a.jpg

0309211631d.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was inspired by this thread to contact Weber and get a new lid and cooking box for my Summit Platinum D6!
Warranty was intact after 13 years and they made good with no debate.
Took five minutes and new parts on the way.
I won't do a full restore as the grill funtions perfectly. Its my crud!!! About two years ago I put in new burners and ignighters. Issues are the heat shield inside the lid is a bit lose, but intact. Nuts rusted off. Main issue is the front lip of the box is porcelain steel and its corroded. Its a matter of time before it fails. Still a few years off. Not sure I will even fix this any time soon.. The plastic and steel shelves operate fine even if they are bit discolored. They clean up well enough. Not food grade. Never used the rotissore function or smoke box. Grill has been a solid performer since I bought new in 2007 as it was discontinued. Sat on show room floor off to the side. Was looking at the new ones and was dismayed by the $2000 price but was explained at the time Weber has a problem selling them as it seen as a big box brand and customers looking at higher end grills were not enthralled with the Weber at that price point. He showed me the new model to combat that perception which looked great but funtionality was no different then the model we discuss today. I was enthralled with the Stainless car and back components but really was not put off by the plasitic knobs or the porcelain control panel. I should have paid more attention to the box. Other than that its been great performer and cooks super.

post from july last year, fuck, maybe weber would warranty this even... fuuuuck

Reactions: daturbosix

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
I was inspired by this thread to contact Weber and get a new lid and cooking box for my Summit Platinum D6!
Warranty was intact after 13 years and they made good with no debate.
Took five minutes and new parts on the way.
I won't do a full restore as the grill funtions perfectly. Its my crud!!! About two years ago I put in new burners and ignighters. Issues are the heat shield inside the lid is a bit lose, but intact. Nuts rusted off. Main issue is the front lip of the box is porcelain steel and its corroded. Its a matter of time before it fails. Still a few years off. Not sure I will even fix this any time soon.. The plastic and steel shelves operate fine even if they are bit discolored. They clean up well enough. Not food grade. Never used the rotissore function or smoke box. Grill has been a solid performer since I bought new in 2007 as it was discontinued. Sat on show room floor off to the side. Was looking at the new ones and was dismayed by the $2000 price but was explained at the time Weber has a problem selling them as it seen as a big box brand and customers looking at higher end grills were not enthralled with the Weber at that price point. He showed me the new model to combat that perception which looked great but funtionality was no different then the model we discuss today. I was enthralled with the Stainless car and back components but really was not put off by the plasitic knobs or the porcelain control panel. I should have paid more attention to the box. Other than that its been great performer and cooks super.

post from july last year, fuck, maybe weber would warranty this even... fuuuuck
Sooo fckn call them, doo

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Oh funny how you have no time...... Yet someone wants gas grill cause lack of time/desire to cook on charcoal and THEY'RE A TERROSITSSS

no you dickfor, im legit moving out of my house basically as we speak. if this thing worked perfectly i'd be selling it to make room since my storage unit is only so big.

keeping just the CHARCOAL SUMMIT WEBER outside to not make it look like im the grill-owning-hoarder i am.

• Haha
Reactions: EmersonHart13

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
this would be the dumbest purchase i ever could make but holy fuck do i want to.

• Wow
Reactions: Shawn1112

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
this would be the dumbest purchase i ever could make but holy fuck do i want to.

if you do. youre only allowed to grill while your mullet is blowing in the wind and motley crue blasting for all to hear. :cool:

and, i would expect an invite.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
this could be a deal if it's easily fixable. these are fucking sweet. probably was 3-4k new

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thread Info