Food / Drink Official Grills, Smokers, BBQ deals/finds

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Gonna bump the thread. As I mentioned in the Father's Day 2023 thread I'm looking to get my dad a new grill. We left his old one at his former house since it was in rough shape. Looking for a combo grill that does gas and charcoal, with possibly a pellet attachment for smoking. Looked at a few, like the Char-Grill at Lowes, Pit Boss, and the Oklahoma Joe that was suggested. Gotta say, reading the reviews I'm pretty discouraged. A lot of them are deteriorating quickly, like parts breaking, paint flaking, rusting, etc. Those are all recent reviews with only a handful of uses, or a month or two.

So, I wanted to keep my budget low, but the step-mom said she kick in 50%, up to $500. So that gives me a budget of $1000, and this will serve as a Father's Day / 80th birthday present.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have my Christmas present figured out. I'll wait for Black Friday and ask Amy and the kids to get me the Napoleon Prestige 500 with infrared, searing side burner, rotisserie and infrared rotisserie burner. It's like a Weber on steroids. More features, better warranty. Made in Canada.

Napoleon Prestige.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Napoleon grills have impressed me since I have been checking them out. They have a range of prices. The one above is around $1,500 normal price. They also have cheaper and more expensive models. Check them out as a grill your dad might like. You can buy attachments like a charcoal basket and a rotisserie basket for wings and veggies. Youtube has videos on them. Search for Napoleon grill.

I won't be using it for charcoal since I have my other grills/smokers but the option is there for some of the Napoleon grills. The infrared side burner is supposed to be awesome for searing steaks.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Thread Info