Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Not an electrifying race today, but I was doing shit around the house while i was watching it, so that helped it go by quicker :LOL: That was a tough call at the end there. But I think the race director did the right thing, even if it did rob everyone of a photo finish. With the kind of failure danny ric had, everyone would have expected that car to be cleared super quick, but then they ran into issues, and it was so close to the end at that point, and by that time the window to red flag the race had well passed. Sucks, but it is what it is. Ferrari's decision to pull Leclerc in early under that VSC was a gamble, but I don't feel like it was a bad call from them. Leclerc just did not have the pace today.

Sainz had a fantastic drive today

I think it's time to say Russell's debut with mercedes this year has been amazing. He's been the model of consistency and he's now only 7 points away from 3rd in the drivers championship! I am happy.

And De Vries!! Listen, Latifi, I respect the hell out of you, but I think it's time for you to find another hobby. De Vries LITERALLY gets thrown in the car at the last possible second this weekend, makes his formula one debut, and scores points for Williams. How many points does Latifi have for williams this year? Oh thats right none. I mean lets not forget De Vries is a Formula E world champion, so he's definitely got skills, but still.......Latifi please let someone else with some actual talent take that seat.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
De Vries could barely even get out of the car on his own after the race. He's certainly a fit person, but just shows you HOW fit you need to be to pilot one of these things. Makes his performance even more amazing. Granted Monza isn't a particularly physically demanding track compared to many others, so I think De Vries definitely lucked out being thrown in this weekend. If he is driving in Singapore in 3 weeks, he better get training NOW.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
De Vries could barely even get out of the car on his own after the race. He's certainly a fit person, but just shows you HOW fit you need to be to pilot one of these things. Makes his performance even more amazing. Granted Monza isn't a particularly physically demanding track compared to many others, so I think De Vries definitely lucked out being thrown in this weekend. If he is driving in Singapore in 3 weeks, he better get training NOW.

Thatā€™s incredible. Never seen a driver that wore out. Also respect to the Indy drivers with no power steering.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Thatā€™s incredible. Never seen a driver that wore out. Also respect to the Indy drivers with no power steering.
Ayrton Senna, Brazil 1991. He lost most of the gears in the transmission, had to wring everything out of the car using just 6th. His team had to lift him out of the car and was driven to the podium in the medical car. It was also raining.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Couple of more weeks...

1663218921934.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Perez - I had to pit [early] because of a brake issue.
Horner - We had to call Perez in to pit because of a massive lockup that flat-spotted a tire was causing terminal vibrations.

So, which is it?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

Well its a more sensible solution than they did way back in the early years, where they had TWO cars, and halfway into the race they pulled one into the pits, hopped into the other one, and away they went :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I remember #1 when it happened. Like when was this EVER a good idea?? :LOL:

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don't remember this, at all!

Confronting Magnussen in the TV pen after he pushed him off the track at the 2017 Hungarian GP, the Dane famously told Hulkenberg: ā€œSuck my balls, honey.ā€

The two cleared the air earlier this season when Hulkenberg was in the paddock in Bahrain, the 35-year-old revealing he had ā€œgreeted him with, ā€˜Suck my balls, honeyā€™. Thatā€™s my exact words to him. He quite liked it!ā€

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don't remember this, at all!

Confronting Magnussen in the TV pen after he pushed him off the track at the 2017 Hungarian GP, the Dane famously told Hulkenberg: ā€œSuck my balls, honey.ā€

The two cleared the air earlier this season when Hulkenberg was in the paddock in Bahrain, the 35-year-old revealing he had ā€œgreeted him with, ā€˜Suck my balls, honeyā€™. Thatā€™s my exact words to him. He quite liked it!ā€

I completely remember that!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Thank you for bringing a fabulous memory back

Thread Info